Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, November 15, 2010

One Step at a Time~

Ugh....6:30 a.m. Time to get up. I put on my walking shoes when I got dressed. I read somewhere that if you put on your exercise clothes when you first get up, you will prompt yourself to get that workout in and not procrastinate. I laced up my shoes, and put my ipod and pedometer with my car keys. A pretty view helps~ I think of a nearby pond which has a 2 mile loop circling it. After chauffeuring my teen to school, I head to the trail for a walk. One step at a time. Breathe. I watch as sunlight sparkles off the water and the sheen seems to follow me like my shadow. I finished a couple of laps in what seems like no time, compared to the same distance on a treadmill! I like the change of scenery~ I think I will reward myself with ink and paper later. You know, I think this idea of putting on your exercise clothes when you get up is a good idea.

Just heard about this opportunity to do a nice thing while knitting. If you are interested in making a scarf for a good cause check out this site.

2 comments:

  1. hey Shawna, I've just found your blog...it's GREAT so far and I'm guessing from your intro profile that there'll be heaps more in the future LOL...I have started walking as a matter of habbit - just popped my walking shoes on one morning to see what would happen (yeah I read the same thingLOL) and i've made my goal to lose the weight I HAVE to according to my "GP Code" he he..oh and btw, I found the Aust. website http://www.gowildstamping.com.au/ for the sparkly fluffy and have ordered 3 pots of different colours, will have to wait for my mail next week to see what I can do with it...God's smiles xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of putting on your exercise clothes when getting up.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~