Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Leaves Fall



The leaves fall, the wind blows, and the farm country slowly changes from the summer cottons 
into its winter wools.
- Henry Beston, Northern Farm
 
 
It's November first! What are your traditions leading up to Thanksgiving? Do you start baking? Do you make a Christmas shopping list? Are you finishing up a quilt or knitting project for a gift? I get out my holiday cards and start filling them out whenever I have a moment or two free so that they are ready to go by December: I don't like to be rushed when I write my Christmas sentiments. I swap out pillows, rugs, and even our daily dishes - which will stay out until the Twelfth Day of Christmas, January 6. My favorite season has arrived. It is the season of scarves and boots - oh, boots! I found a stylish pair at a bargain price and can't wait to wear them. These are from Land's End and I like  love how they lace up on the vamp of the boot. 
 
 

Perfect for walking through fallen leaves, don't you think?
 

 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Those boots are so darn CUTE!!!! Fall is definitely in the air:)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I <3 <3 <3 Autumn (especially here in England) and I <3 <3 <3 that cute bird/teacup illustration above!

    Aside from terribly missing my family and friends, there is really only one day a year when I truly miss being in the States, and that is on Thanksgiving Day. Of course, over here, it's just another day. In any event, I hope yours is a lovely one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my friend...nice blog! Oh ya, those boots are really cool and classy.
    I like your idea of working on Christmas cards early. I think I'll take your advise. I really love to send Christmas cards.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~