Did you know...
Fairy tales in Germany and Holland explain snowflakes as feathers that Holle, the Queen of Winter, is shaking out her mattress.
No rain today, so Handyman and I repotted our Ficus tree. It tipped over in the Santa Ana Winds during the weekend and its large container cracked. I watered it well so it will be heavy and stable if the winds kick up again this week. Handyman then finished putting up the Christmas lights on the roof. They look so festive and sparkly! Later, I toasted a slice of fragrant panettone to go with my afternoon tea.
Our recently adopted cat loves the scent of toast - and, as we have now discovered, the taste too - so as soon as the toaster was going he appeared with his cutest share-with-me face. He regularly appears when we sit down to eat, especially if he detects toasted bread! He is quite food driven so it was easy to teach him to shake hands. Now if I could just teach him to stay out of the Christmas decorations.
He is only 9 months old and already bigger than our other adult kitty. I'm guessing he is going to be a pretty big fella. I snapped a photo of him helping to change the Santa advent calender hanging in the kitchen...
Got all the wrapping done? Finished your tree? I'm still working on those things. Meanwhile, I think I will toast up another slice of panettone!
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things
sharing this post with:





He's a sweetie! They are into everything, aren't they? But don't we love our pets!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!
Ruth
Enjoyed seeing your lovely Christmas decorations is a treat. TFS. I am now a follower of your blog and look forward to return visits. I invite you to join me as well on my blog at http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteHugs, Gayle.
WOW that red glitter mug in the background of your picture is ADORABLE!! That picture of your new `fella` cat is so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWith love from The Netherlands,
Leintje*
Hi Shawn! Thank you for sharing a few of your favorite things with us! I love how the fairy tales in Germany and Holland explain snowflakes - I didn't know that! And I also want to wish you and your wonderful family a very Merry Christmas, too!
ReplyDeleteHow fun that he likes toast!! He's sure pretty too.:)
ReplyDeleteI'm here to wish you a happy holiday season!!
I believe this post may be one of my favorite things. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. ♥
ReplyDelete