Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, February 2, 2014

You're My Cup Of Tea Valentine



 


I started with a plain fry box and a collage sheet from  


 Shabby Vintage Retro chic Valentine's Day Cute Tags Digital Collage sheet

  called Shabby Vintage Retro Valentine's Day Cute Tags and created two decorative containers for February 14th!



  
The first one I made is primarily red and has dyed ribbon roses down each side.
That adorable teacup duo makes me smile every time I see it! I mounted the image on checkered foam, added flowers, a button and some bakery string.


 There is room in the fry box for a variety of 'happies'. Can you guess what I put inside?


 A doily, some paper shreds and...


Aha! I knew you'd get it. Tea! And how about some Sweetheart motto candies?



Home-made Lavender Sachets would also be nice inside.


Heather at My Artistic Adventures is having a Challenge which begins today, February 2, and runs through February 15. It's an Anything Goes challenge, so come play along!


 My second project using Heather's etsy printable is this blue fry box with a painted wooden teacup under the Retro image. I fussy cut the teacup duo twice and placed foam dots between them for dimension. Next, I added a bit of glitter around the heart and gold metallic paint on the teacup edge.


Heather has made it easy for you to make your own fry boxes with her variety of colored etsy collage sheets. There are so many things you can put in these cute containers:
  • bubbles, crayons, cards
  • candy, gum, snacks, mints
  • gift cards
  • hand sanitizer, lotion, nail polish
  • beauty products,lip balm, hair accessories
  • lottery tickets, event tickets
  • jewelry
These french fry boxes could be decorated seasonally, for birthdays, Mother's & Father's Day, and for party favors.

Hope to see you at 


How would you like to try the collage sheets that Heather created  to make a Valentine banner for FREE? Make sure to see her February 1 blog post!

23 comments:

  1. I love them both, Shawn! the adorable tea cups looks so darn cute! I love how you used these to adorn your beautiful boxes! You are so full of creativity and talent, my friend! Thanks for sharing these smiles this morning!!!! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow These are just amazing! The detail in each Valentine is over the top. Opening my eyes to a whole new world. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawn these are GORGEOUS!! Sooo cute!! The images bring a smile to my face too....I know that you already know that I had you in mind when I did this set :0)...but you may not know...is that when I added the text...I first had..."Mi cup of tea"....then I went back and changed the "i" to "y"...because I figured people would think I had misspelled it....I will have to get you a personal set....with the correct spelling of "Mi Cup of Tea"

    Thank you for creating these for my challenge Shawn!! Thank you for the shout out about my freebie banner!!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shawn...this is such a darling idea! I love how you've take a plain little fry package and turned it into such an adorable little retro Valentine favor! Just adorable! I love the collage sheet you chose to work with and HOW you used it. This is just too clever! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shawn, your fry boxes are so cute! Perfect little boxes to gift a bit of tea and candy!
    Heather didn't miss a beat when designing this set with you in mind!
    Hugs!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your "fry boxes" are just so darned adorable! Perfect little gifties for so many occasions. Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shawn, these two treat boxes have been so amazingly repurposed from "fry" to, "Oh my!" I hope My Artistic Adventures knows what a treasure they have with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are adorable!! I've been neglecting my paper crafts lately, and you've so inspired me. Just too stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute did these turn out? I love the fry box shape and you dolled them up perfectly! Great work here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous! you've inspired me to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK, these little fry boxes are cracking me up with their sweet cuteness! The shape alone is enough to elicit smiles from their intended recipients, but you decorated them beautifully! I especially love the wooden teacup cutout on the blue box. How stinkin' ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so cute ~ love the vintage/retro valentine image of the teacups! thanks for joining my Victorian tea party blog challenge at Lunagirl Moonbeams.com!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice, so cleaver, these will make nice gifts. Thanks for stopping in to play with Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How adorable! I think these are so special! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this!! I had never seen those fry boxes before. You did a beautiful job on it!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. these are just the cutest things. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What darling projects!! Love how you've decorated up the fry boxes in a retro style. Thanks for sharing your style with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute and clever. Love your bright cheery colors! Thanks for playing along in the very first Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How adorable are these! I want to make one! Just the sweetest things! Thanks so much for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute valentines boxes! I love the sweet retro images. Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~