Anyway, I did a little happy dance when I came across Spoonflower.
One ardent fan of Spoonflower wrote, “Spoonflower promises to be the most exciting and revolutionary service to come along in the craft world since Etsy.” If you have not been to the site I think you are in for a surprise! The prices are not inexpensive, but the selection and quality is fabulous!
Spoonflower makes it possible for individuals to design, print and sell their own fabric designs. The Spoonflower community now numbers around 150,000 individuals who use their own fabric to make curtains, quilts, clothes, bags, furniture, dolls, pillows, framed artwork, costumes, banners and much, much more. The Spoonflower marketplace offers the largest collection of independent fabric designers in the world. The site has appeared in the New York Times, Associated Press, Vogue, Martha Stewart Weddings, Make, CRAFT, ApartmentTherapy, Photojojo, and many other terrific publications and blogs. You can buy unique designs/patterns that come in quilting weight, organic cotton, upholstery weight twill, linen cotton, crepe de chine and cotton voile!
And guess what??? They had 2 different Dr. Who fabric patterns for sale. Looky at what I bought!
Eeek! I am so thrilled! This quilting weight cotton has various Doctors on it, as well as the TARDIS, the Sonic Screwdriver and the Pyschic Paper. I am going to make fun little fabric purse pockets, or wallets, for myself and my daughter. I also ordered a 'swatch' in upholstery weight twill to use on a tote. The fabric has Gallifreyan symbols and 3.25" tall TARDISes.
Heck, I might even go back and order more of the twill to make an apron! It is the perfect thickness. The fabric came wrapped in tissue and included a small Spoonflower label.

Cute fabric :)
ReplyDeleteTotally cute fabric!
ReplyDeleteOkay, that's just too darn cool for school! My husband is a big fan of Dr. Who and I kinda watch every now and then -- old and new. If they had/have a flannel version they would make awesome pajamas.
ReplyDeleteWell, I would never get between a woman and her doctor..."Who" I said doctor. LOL
ReplyDeleteI didn't know about that company, thanks for sharing, very inriguing indeed.
Keep smiling and creating