Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, June 20, 2011

Natural Glow~

Summer 'officially' begins within 24 hours. The Summer Solstice is here. I will be wearing skirts, capri pants and shorts soon so it is time to apply some color to my legs, lest I look like Casper the Friendly Ghost! Since I walk in the mornings for exercise, I usually have to fight to keep from getting the tanned legs-white feet effect, which is so attractive! lol~ Have a faux tanner you use and love? My daughter and I like Jergens. It goes on smoothly, smells pleasant, and does not stain clothing. It takes a few days to show results, but our legs and arms look natural and moisturized, NOT orange or streaked.
When I finally emerge from my scraproom and head outdoors, I will LOOK like I spent all afternoon on the beach but won't have the sun damage that goes along with tanning. I also use a sunscreen because Natural Glow does not have an SPF, so keep that in mind. Ready, set go.... bring on the skirts!

7 comments:

  1. Oh I might have try this! I get the lovely white feet also from working in the yard! So attractive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please send your snail mail address. I have gathered some items from my stash to send you. Tell me more about dye-able ribbon. . .is it like twill ribbon? Have a good week, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is is with the white legs. Why are they so hard to get a bit of color on...
    Like your solution..I am thinking I was way over the uv index maximum years ago.
    Here's to a healthy glow, and SUMMER!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Us poor girls in Michigan love this...helps us look like we have a California Tan :-) I have used this for years...and like Shawn says..it doesn't streak..and even when you are doing jazzersize...unlike some others..LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just blind everyone with my white legs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HMMMM interesting, thanks for sharing. Im white as a ghost myself, and that is rare for me in the summer because my mom has a pool that I hang out in, but......we havent had the weather here yet to be able to enjoy it. Im hoping to get a little tan on this weekend though!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~