Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, July 15, 2013

Magic In The Air




Here in California we enjoy seeing hummingbirds all year long. They are not shy like so many other birds. As a matter of fact, we have one of our hummingbird feeders hanging next to our kitchen table window. We watch them feeding every time we sit down to eat!
 


Recipe for Hummingbird food:
  • 4 cups of filtered water
  • 1 cup of granulated sugar
Bring clean water to a boil, stir in sugar to dissolve. Let cool, then fill bird feeders. 




Keep remaining nectar refrigerated.



 This is an easy recipe that you can make quickly at home. 


  Never add food coloring- if it's not good for you, it's not good for the Hummingbirds!



Check the feeder each week for mold. Feeders can get dirty, especially in the summer heat. Wash with a drop or two of bleach and warm water, rinse well.








sharing this post with:


11 comments:

  1. I too live in CA.and love My hummingbirds.Boy!Your photo's are perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely 'magic in the air' ~ Beautiful photography of one of nature's gems! - Happy Week to you ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful hummingbird photos. They are such interesting birds to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My girls love Hummingbirds! Will have to give this recipe a try!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post with great info about feeders. We love Hummingbirds here in Texas too and love to watch them. Sometimes they do get rather close. Your pics are gorgeous.
    Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment on my WBC post.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those little birds really are like magic! I love to sit on the veranda and watch them feed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! We have been enjoying our hummingbird sightings here as well. My little son gets so excited when they hover at the feeder by our living room window! Just another GREAT thing about summertime in California!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful humming birds! I love birds. I keep meaning to put out a feeder so we can bird watch. Thanks for sharing with us at Photog Show and Tell!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fantastic shots of those hummers! We have them here in NC spring through early fall and then they take off for a warmer climate. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos!

    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so impressed with your amazing photos Shawn! I can't help but wonder how long you waited for these beautiful shots......Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What positively beautiful images! God's creatures are breathtaking.

    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~