Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Lend Me Your Comb

We've just had one of our first fall Santa Ana wind storms and it had gusts up to 80 miles per hour! In southern California we get these winds throughout the winter season and into the beginning of spring.
 Here is a scrapbook page I made awhile ago with photos taken after one of these blustery days. Notice in the divided picture that there is a large tree branch on the ground? After the winds howl all night we wake to find twigs, leaves, branches, birds nests, etc., scattered all over the ground.


  I don't like the Santa Ana winds one bit. These pesky winds have blown tiles off our roof, screens off our windows, knocked down part of our backyard fence, and have tossed branches and pine cones onto our car as we drive down the road. Years ago the winds struck during College Girls' birthday party and lifted the rented moon bounce in our backyard off the ground! 
However, there is one funny thing about the winds. Do  you know who Domo is?
He is the official mascot of Japan's public broadcaster NHK, appearing in 30-second stop-motion sketches shown as station identification during shows.
 

We have to laugh after each windy session when we drive around town and see piles of pine needles that look eerily like Domo. I half expect a pile to move and look at us with this big grin!



sharing with:

8 comments:

  1. Sorry about the wind. . . I do like your page though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see more of your SB pages posted on your blog Shawn! You are so talented.....please share with us more often :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawn.....it seems we seem to have the same kind of weather happenings....I think that little Domo is a cutie....lol...I can see where a bunch of fallen twigs and needles....would like him. This past Wednesday as I took the boys to the bus stop I noticed our driveway was starting to get messy with little twigs....and nuts....by Friday Morning....driving down the driveway....CRUNCH CRUNCH....and lots of little chipmunks running around getting nuts...I am guessing another week..and it will be covered with leaves too! We do get some pretty windy days...where I think...I hope that tree doesn't hit the house!! I am quite sure they are not like your winds though :0)

    We lost our favorite Sassafras tree right out side our kitchen window...so bummed! Sorry about your tree

    Hugs to you and Collage Girl!!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is some very, very strong wind.. I love how you put on the post "lend me your comb" so sweet =)
    Glad all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those Santa Anna winds. I lived in Long Beach when I was little. I always take note of them on the news. Glad you are ok.
    Have a good weekend.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! Catching up on your posts. New kitty looks like the adjustment is going well! Be safe in the Santa Ana winds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness. Those Santa Ana winds sound much more than pesky. That's quite a giant tree branch that fell in the photo of your layout! I hope that you stay safe(& healthy!) and so does your home during this season. thank you for sharing your beautiful layout. You have such a wonderful style, Shawn. And thank you, too, for visiting my blog. I always love your visits and greatly appreciate them!!!! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Domo is almost as scary as the winds-lol! Love the way you showcased the destruction so creative, fresh and FABulous!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~