Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, November 25, 2013

November Morning

A tingling, misty marvel
Blew hither in the night,
And now the little peach-trees
Are clasped in frozen light.


 This morning College Girl cooked up a pot of old fashioned oatmeal. It was the perfect thing for a chilly November morning! I like mine with toasted almonds, prunes and a drizzle of honey and milk.


 It was so dark and overcast that I lit a candle before I poured the tea.


 How do you like your oatmeal? With milk? Do you add a sprinkle of cinnamon like we do?



Upon the apple branches
An icy film is caught,
With trailing threads of gossamer
In pearly patterns wrought.
by Evaleen Stein 


sharing this post with:

4 comments:

  1. A very cozy and comforting, candlelight breakfast! Your mix of fruits and nuts makes this bowl of oatmeal extra tasty and crunchy; lovely! Yes, I sprinkle mine with cinnamon, and should be adding all your goodies, but haven't so far. Your pics have certainly inspired me to do so next time!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pictures. . . give one a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a homey setting. I like my oatmeal with a spoon of peanut butter and a spoon of honey. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oatmeal sounds great.......picked up two boxes today at the store. We are about to have a big, bad cold spell here.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~