I used my Verve stamps to make this get well card for a dear friend. She is an avid tea drinker and I thought the 'feel better blend' was perfect for her. I dry embossed the hugs and kisses and used Mary Engelbreit paper. I blended a little Distress Ink Spun Sugar on the embossed card stock and finished it off with pink bakery string.
I think I have recovered now from a full day standing outside El Capitan theater on Monday in Hollywood. Whew! Handyman, College Girl and I went to our first-ever movie premiere, and it was for Marvel's Thor II. By going to the premiere, I mean standing alongside the red carpet for the cast and crew to walk by as they head into the theater. I have to edit the photos, and then I will share what we did and who we saw.
College Girl is a huge Marvel fan. Tonight she and I are going to see the opening of Thor 2, The Dark World. We hear the movie is fast paced fun with some surprises. Can't wait to see what happens with Loki.
Sharing this post with:
That is such a sweet & beautiful card! Loved seeing it this morning!
ReplyDeleteYou know I'm going to love this card...tea and ME???? WOW! You are so good at your craft. How sweet and happy. I joined a Christmas tea time card exchange, so need to start thinking of a neat card I can make. You are inspiring.
ReplyDeleteAre you feeling better now?
Love ya,
Linda
lovely, you are a good friend I am sure it was well received. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. You help to make it so much fun.♥
ReplyDeleteLove the card Shawn. Hope your friend is feeling better soon. I'm sure the card will brighten her day. Sounds like you had a fun time standing along the red carpet. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
ReplyDeletehugs,
Jann
WOW Shawn! It sounds like going to a movie premiere was a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing your experience with us. And your card is so beautiful. I know your friend will love it and be so appreciative of your wonderful support!
ReplyDeleteThe card is very sweet! You did a great job on it.
ReplyDeleteI am looking forward to seeing the movie too!! I am a Thor fan =)
Hello Shawn,
ReplyDeleteThat is a sweet tea pot card! You friend will be warmed by your heartfelt artful wishes.
A movie premiere...yay! How fun! I am looking forward to seeing your photos.
Hugs,
Terri
Fun emboss and that tea pot is so cute. Love it.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Dangina