Got your attention now, right?
Haha! I spotted this hand towel at a
gift shop in a town so small you'd
miss it if you blinked.
This little town - Salado - was one of the most charming places I visited while on a road trip from the Fort Worth area to San Antonio.
![]() |
| photo from trip advisor |
My dear friend Patty, who is a fabulous paper crafter and an even more wonderful hostess/tour guide, suggested we pull off the freeway in order to visit Stamp Salado.
We enjoyed browsing through the fun selection of stamps, multi-media products, and scrapbook paper. After picking up Texas-themed items for the mini albums we planned to make after our road trip, we continued south toward San Antonio.
In the short time we were in town we saw a deer wandering through someone's yard, two large roadrunners on the hunt, and a young cardinal chirping on the picket fence next to Stamp Salado! There are lots of interesting boutiques and shops lining the main street, and a shallow scenic river meandering through grassy banks at one end of town.
| photo from salado.tx.gov |
I hope to visit again sometime and maybe I'll even get the chance to dip my toes in the river!
sharing this post with:



Did you purchase the hand towel? So cute, looks like a charming town.
ReplyDeleteAnn
Fun! Someone on one of the design teams used to say that! I need to look for that towel! Sounds like a great trip!
ReplyDeleteFun! Someone on one of the design teams used to say that! I need to look for that towel! Sounds like a great trip!
ReplyDeleteLovely photo record of your travels. Wonderful that you take the time to absorb all the good things along the way. Keep smiling and creating. Thanks for popping by. I thought of you yesterday, I was in Chapters and saw a book all about tea. These day's I am having mine iced!
ReplyDeleteWhat fun! I adore the bike-embellished fence!
ReplyDeleteThey dragged you out of Stamp Salado kickin' and screamin'?!?!
Hugs,
Kelley~
Hope you enjoy the watermelonade. Looks like a sweet little town you visited. Thanks for commenting on my blog so I could visit yours. Blessings, Jackie
ReplyDeleteI love taking a ride and going thru new and interesting places. A visit to Stamp Salado sure sounds relaxing. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick
http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com
Yes, you absolutely did get my attention. I love, love, love that saying. How fun! Thank you for sharing with us for Pink Saturday.
ReplyDeleteThis post is being featured on my Pink Saturday this week as "the one that caught my eye".
It was soooo good to hear from you! What a charming post. You must have had a grand time. How is college girl doing?
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Linda
It was soooo good to hear from you! What a charming post. You must have had a grand time. How is college girl doing?
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Linda
The adorable hand towel really did get my attention, Shawn! It sounds like you and Patty had a wonderful time together in San Antonio! The last time I was in San Antonio was when John and I were there on our honeymoon! Such a beautiful place!!!
ReplyDeleteWoo-HOO!!! You're back to posting on your blog again, Shawn! So happy and glad that your followers are still following! Beautiful post, too. Loved the part about the river and how teeny tiny Salado is! I will never forget how excited you were when we saw the deer.....jumping out of the car almost before I could stop completely....to get a picture, of course! And, didn't we have a lot of laughs out of that tea towel? Thanks for the link to my blog, sweet friend!
ReplyDeleteWonderful post! Great and you have lovely photos of your trip. Thanks for sharing this with us!
ReplyDeleteHi Shawn,
ReplyDeleteMy late beloved and I visited Salado years ago, probably coming back from San Antonio to the Dallas area. I remember it being a charming town, too. Now, after seeing your pictures, I'd love to go back for a browse around the town.
Thank you for your visit and Happy 2016 to you!
That little Salado town sounds and look wonderful. Yes, that little towel got my attention, alright! You too pretty gril, I too wish you an awesome year!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your sweet visit, you made my day!
FABBY
This is definitely a town I would like to visit. All of our scrapbooking and stamping stores have unfortunately gone out of business. Thank you for your visit. (BTW I love the name of your blog.)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words!!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Deb
Thank you for popping in and leaving a comment on my blog today. I hope you're well.
ReplyDelete