Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Water, Paint and Ink~

There are such fun freebies out there, like this set from Kalie at The Pink Doodle....go to her site to get the download~ She also has a masculine blue choice!
 I have been thinking about Valentines and playing with my new Cuttlebug.  But, first I needed to make a couple of thank you notes for some birthday gifts I received the other day. I punched a strip of cardstock with one of my favorite Martha Stewart edge punches and placed it along the top of the card; I also punched the bottom of the card.
  I used~

 
as well as Quick Quotes 'Pink Cheeks' Powder Puff ink, ribbon, Recollections pink striped paper and a tag dredged through Spun Sugar Distress Ink and white paint mixed with water.
I really liked the combo of ink, water and paint! Just place a few dabs of paint on your craft mat, or use a sheet of wax paper. I smeared some Distress Ink on the mat and spritzed the area with water. (toward the center of the sheet)


Next, I dragged the tag (yes! this is the technically correct past tense of drag. My daughter looked it up for me. You can remember it by the phrase, "just say no to drugs"~ lol) through the water, ink and paint on the mat. 


You can use the mixture for more than one piece, but it quickly mixes and becomes the dominant color, at which point you loose the fun marbeling effect. I used the same technique on this heart card-


When the cardstock heart dried I ran it through the Cuttlebug, then pinked the edges. I used~
  • Tim Holtz Crowded Attic cardstock
  • Cuttlebug
  • Sizzix Ornate Frames A2 folder
  • ribbon, crystal, heart charm, gems
  • Cavallini French stamps
  • Distress Ink, antique linen & vintage photo
I host an inking/stamping group called Voila, Ink! at Bella Creations. I am having an Ink & Paint Challenge for February with a fun RAK for one random-chosen recipient. Get out some ink and paint, create something and come share it with us at Voila, Ink!

8 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! You are certainly having fun with your Cuttlebug - sweet cards! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats with your birthday!! That heart is so beautiful, this is such a wondeful card!!

    Love from The Netherlands,
    Leintje*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo beautiful! Love the soft pinks and touches of brown. Thanks for sharing the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Valentine's card! Thanks for the tutorial too!..and Happy Belated Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty work! I need to emboss more! I always admire others.. yet never seem to do it :/
    Thanks for the tut! Very inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How GORGEOUS, Shawn!!! Love the marbelizing!!! Great technique, and thanks for sharing. Lovin' all the texture you're adding with your Cuttlebug! Hugs to you....Patty

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow great embossed background...love that fun color...thanks for the little tutorial..love it

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~