A sparrow is a tiny creature, yet its value to our
Heavenly Father cannot be measured. When He created it, He said: It is
good! One of these small birds doesn't fall to the ground without
God knowing about it, and you are of more value than many sparrows.
I have had the best time using my zoom lens to take photos of birds in our backyard. I have nice pictures of an Oriole pair, Hummingbirds, Crows, a Lesser Goldfinch, a Robin, and more. I think I will make a mini album to remember all the wildlife I enjoyed this summer.
Look at this sweet mama bird feeding crumbs and seed to her baby. My husband remarked that the baby is as big as mama!
We were surprised to find that the Desert Cottontails that frequent our yard also like the cracker crumbs we leave out on the patio.
Temperatures are warming up now that we are in August, so we fill the bird baths with fresh water every day.
We have two bird baths and one small fountain in the backyard. At dusk there are birds lined up along our back fence to take a dip or get a drink!
Some birds are quite shy - like the Oriole pair - and fly away the minute they notice movement from inside the house. Others, like this mama bird and her husky baby, don't mind a bit if we watch them.
I think I need a bird watching book. Speaking of books, do you enjoy reading during the summer months? I read year-round but do a little extra reading during the longer days. I am about to start a book called The Fourth Fisherman by Joe Kissack.
What's on your nightstand?
Sharing this post with-
Mosaic Monday
Make It Pretty
Sundays Best







You should see the movie, "The Big Year" I think that's the name.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet little momma bird! She is so dedicated to keeping her "big baby" bird's tummy full. Your backyard is a haven for these dear little creatures.
ReplyDeleteI love the scripture you shared...and, it is so true. "His eye is on the sparrow"...and, all of His loving creation!
Blessings and a restful weekend, my darling friend,
Carolynn xo
So many beautiful and amazing photos....thanks for sharing, Shawn!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty Shawn!
ReplyDeleteSuch sweet pictures! I love the ones of mama feeding their young. Yes, those babies are almost as big as mama, but still sweet. Really great photos!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Jann
Beautiful pictures! Just love them! Thank you for the visit and sweet comment at The Dedicated House. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. It goes live at 8am CST. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse
ReplyDeleteawwwwwwwwwww! These pictures are absolutely too precious! Love the sparrow pictures so much :)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness Shawn! I absolutely LOVE these photos! You took amazing pictures of God's creatures!!! I am going to have to read the book you suggested next. Right now I am reading "Safely Home" by Randy Alcorn and am enjoying it very much!
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures of your nature friends. I am a big backyard bird watcher, but do not have a zoom lens, so need to get one, just can't afford right now! The book I am reading right is The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!
ReplyDeleteLove your pix! I did a birdie post this week too.
ReplyDeleteHaven't had time to read lately with a lot of family needing help.
O to have captured such photo's. Thanks for sharing as they are very amazing.
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, a big thanks for leaving some sweet comments on my blog -- so very much appreciated. :) One time you wrote: For what does TFS stand? I can't figure it out...
ReplyDeleteOf course, I would love to welcome you back to my blog. Currently, I even have two giveaways -- details are on the left sidebar of my blog.
Sunny greetings from Munich,
Birgit
Oh, I almost forgot to mention how much I love your animal photos! The birds are so cute. :) Thanks for sharing these lovely pictures.
ReplyDelete