Sugar and spice
and everything nice
that's what little girls are made of~
Sunshine and rainbows
and ribbons for hair bows
that's what little girls are made of~
and everything nice
that's what little girls are made of~
Sunshine and rainbows
and ribbons for hair bows
that's what little girls are made of~
I was delighted to discover my favorite sweetener in a liquid form! Who knew? Would have loved to have this at the beginning of summer for the iced tea I drank. I really enjoy the warm brown sugar taste of Sugar In The Raw. I am a firm believer in using the 'real' stuff, as opposed to artificial sweeteners - just my idiosyncracy. I do not care for the taste of Sweet N Low, etc. I have even tried Stevia, which is plant based, and can still taste the odd flavor in my tea. I do not use much sugar, and I reason that it is better for me to use the real deal since it is natural and not a lot of calories in the scheme of things.
Speaking of sugar, isn't this little Madame Alexander doll just the sweetest? She is called Lady Bug Girl. She was part of a give-away from McDonalds a few years ago. She has on a straw hat with a lady bug perched on it, pink tights and little black shoes.
Lady Bug Girl adds sugar and sunshine to my day, while this charming candle adds warmth to my evening.
It is not an expensive tea cup, nor does it have any markings on the bottom. But it does have petite floral sprays on the front, back and saucer. The rim of the cup and saucer are gilded and the candle gives off a relaxing aroma when lit. As the summer winds down and evening temperatures begin to hint of autumn, I look at my tiny Lady Bug doll in the candle light and feel excitement for the coming Fall~
Tea parties, laces
and baby doll faces
that's what little girls are made of~
and baby doll faces
that's what little girls are made of~
sharing this post with:




Such a sweet post! Lady Bug Girl is a cutie. I like the idea of recycling teacups as candles. Yours is lovely. Happy Tea Day!
ReplyDeleteGood morning Shawn,
ReplyDeleteLady Bug Girl is adorable all dressed up sporting her lady bugs! The candle cup is cute too. I always take my tea black so I do not have to worry about sugar. It's always nice to have the real deal though if one takes sugar. Thanks for joining me for tea today and have a delightful week.
Blessings,
Sandi
Your Alexander doll is very sweet! Her outfit is adorable!
ReplyDeleteAnd your tea cup candle too, is very pretty! This is a perfect cup to use as a candle holder. It looks so quaint and I am sure looks lovely all lit up!
Hugs,
Terri
I must confess, I am a sugar in the raw girl too! I didn't know you could get it in liquid form! If I am having sugar, I always want to real deal :)
Love your tea cup candle. How beautiful! Thanks for sharing at MM. :)
ReplyDeleteI use Sugar In The Raw crystals, and didn't know they had a liquid version! I love your doll. How special! She is so cute! And your teacup with the candle is so pretty. I am allergic to all fragrances, so no candles for me. But I'd use the teacup!
ReplyDeleteRuth
Hi Shawn,
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your Sugar in the Raw. I haven't heard of it!! Your teacup is so pretty and I love the cute doll dressed in her ladybug dress.
Have a nice week!
Lisa
You are wise not using the fake sugars...I just don't think that stuff is good for you. I haven't seen the liquid form...thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeletethat is MY FAV Sugar too~and i didn't know about the liquid form! YAY!!!! so excited!!!!! thanks my friend for sharing...the only time I use sugar is on certain cups of tea depending on the flavor -- ginger pear is one that i adore a touch of sweet!!! sending hugs...
ReplyDelete"These are a few of my favorite things......"
ReplyDeleteHi Shawn...Your post is adorable. It gives me the urge to hummmmm this sweet little tune. Your petite ladybug dolly, pretty tea cup and, yes, even the Stevia. What gentle reminders of the sweet moments in our lives.
Thank you for this endearing post, my darling friend!
Blessings,
Carolynn xo