October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came-
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.
The leaves by hundreds came-
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.
George Cooper
A whirlwind of activities occupy us as the leaves begin to exchange their glossy green coats for those of scarlet. We enjoyed Homecoming and Parent's Weekend at College Girl's campus the weekend before last, and Handyman was happy to get a free university baseball cap (I got one too). College Girl had her sorority initiation this past weekend, so now she is a full-fledged Kappa Alpha Theta! I can't wait to make a scrapbook page about it and already have a title in mind. Meanwhile, I am putting out the Fall decorations little by little...some will be displayed until Halloween while other things stay out until Thanksgiving.
I bought the Sherlock Holmes hat and pipe last year on clearance after October 31, and I think it looks great next to the typewriter. The spiffy velour hat with the orange ribbon was a gift from one of my dearest friends. I was wearing it around the house the other day to elicit a laugh from hubby and daughter and it made me want to play Monster Mash or Thriller and get my groove on! Or bust a move, or whatever the current term is - haha!
![]() |
| the living room clock |
![]() |
| our Spring wreath dressed for Autumn |
![]() |
| The front porch |
Since it is Tuesday I'm going to share one of my pretty teacups. It has Hydrangeas on it which are a favorite of mine.
The Hydrangea bushes in our backyard only have one blossom each on them. It is time for me to trim them back for the coming winter. I will miss the enormous deep pink pom-poms they display all summer, but can reminisce while sipping from this charming cup.
![]() |
| Royal Patrician |
![]() |
| Just inside, below the rim, is a Hydrangea branch all abloom |
![]() |
| The handle, base and rim are lined with gold |
It is mid term week, so I think College Girl is going to need a few extra cups of Chamomile tea to steady her nerves and help her get a full night's rest. Tis the season where our kettle will be busier than ever. :)
may share this post with~









What a LOVELY post, Shawn! It's getting a little "spooky" at your house, my friend! It looks like you have spent HOURS decorating for Halloween and Fall, and I must say you've done it beautifully! Good luck to College Girl on her exams!
ReplyDeleteWonderful post..I enjoyed reading and visiting. Your vignette with the typewriter looks great. thank you for sharing. Oh.. I also loved your pretty teacup.
ReplyDelete~Clara
Hi Shawn,
ReplyDeleteLove all of your fun and festive decor! Your vignette with the pipe & hat with the typewriter is fabulous! Beautiful teacup & saucer. Have a wonderful week.
Blessings,
Lisa
Terrific decor Shawn. You do sound very busy. A sherlock holmes fan eh? elementary my dear. When my kettle boils its for the coffee, but, I have always loved the teapots, and a good tea party too.
ReplyDeleteVery cute home! Love the front porch. The teacup is lovely! I mss Royal Patrician...so sorry they closed! Although I suspect some other copmpanies ended up with their designs, which is great! Have fun with CG...Keep Calm & Keep The Kettle On The Boil! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
ReplyDeleteRuth
A happy home has a singing kettle!
ReplyDeleteLove your October post! Your decorations are fab, love your typewriter!!!j
This tea cup is very pretty. I do love hydrangeas on tea cups. The pastel coloring is beautiful!
Hugs,
Terri
Love the living room clock and the poem. I just put out my inside decorations last weekend. Have you seen the Cinderella pumpkins? Those are my favorite outside decor!
ReplyDeleteHi: I am so delighted to see your wreath. I collect wreaths (what a surprise). That is so cute. Of course, your tea cup is stunning. Thanks so much for sharing. Hugs, Martha
ReplyDeleteHi Shawn! Delightful catching back up with you after my absence from Blogland. Hoping to get back in the groove - glad you stopped by. Slowly making it on visiting rounds here and loving all your fall fun and decor - not to mention some terrific scrapping! You have College Girl - I have Wedding Girl - in less than a month!!! Such exciting seasons for our girls, don't you think?
ReplyDeleteLove your hydrangea cup here - a favorite bush that I don't yet have in my yard. Perhaps something for next spring after the frost. The last one I put in died because I put it in too early.
Be in touch!
Joy!
Kathy
Hi Shawn,
ReplyDeleteYour decorations are so much fun. I love your Sherlock Holmes theme. what a cute Fall setting you have on your front porch....I just love this time of year.
What a lovely setting you have captured with your hydrangea tea cup resting on that beautiful embroidered doily. With the coller weather I am drinking tea every evening before bed.
thank you for your thoughtful visit to my blog. I hope one of these days you and your husband are able to drive up the Oregon Coast. the trip is spectacular with so many amazing panoramic views.
I hope you have a happy day, my sweet friend,
Blessings,
Carolynn xoxo
I know that poem. I just love it and you gave us such a great post. Love the vignette with the typewriter and Sherlock Holmes hat. Your teacup is another one I haven't seen before and I too favor hydrangeas and your pretty teacup!
ReplyDeleteRuthie from : http://www.ladybstimefortea.blogspot.com
What a gorgeous post. I love your decorations and your photography is wonderful. This season is so much fun, and you have captured it perfectly with the words and images.
ReplyDeleteKaren
Hi Shawn,
ReplyDeletewhat a lovely tea cup. The hydrangeas are so sweet. Your October tea time is a bit scary. But lovely made. Thank you for sharing and thank you for your visit and the kind comment.
Best greetings to you and the College girl,
Johanna
Your Halloween decorations looks so COOL Shawn!! I love the typewriter with the Sherlock Holmes stuff, that is wonderful!! I was so busy lately, so I am happy to be on your blog again.
ReplyDeleteLove from The Netherlands,
Leintje*
Hi Shawn! So wonderful I love hydrangeas - your teacup is beautiful!! I really like how you photographed it. And my oh my, I just love fall and your post is so festive and fun!!! The poem really sets the mood for all of your wonderful pictures! Thanks!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow, Shawn, it has been so long since I've got to come visit. I took my time and strolled through. I especially loved your little blue visitor. He seemed to enjoy his stay. You took some wonderfully candid shots. LUCKY GIRL! Your cards are still magnificent. I do love your decorations!! You really go all out. Each piece is very interesting and festive! Congratulations to College Girl and so glad Handyman got a hat.
ReplyDeleteYour tea set is magnificent! I love the beautiful, soft colors. I can see why it's a favorite.
Hugs,
Brenda