There's no place like home for the holidays! I'm hoping you enjoy spending time with beloved family and friends at home, wherever that may be. Meanwhile I have a few more decorating photos to share and one quick and easy craft for a last minute treat to include on a gift or stocking.
![]() | ||||||
| My favorite Christmas pitcher |
![]() |
| Our kitchen shelf with a sock snowman I made and one of our Advent Calendars |
![]() | ||
| A 'magical' snowman cookie jar. Treats from this jar have no calories - imagine that! haha! |
| Glass, fabric, wooden and bread dough snowmen |
![]() | |
| Our gingerbread house this year has a Kappa Alpha Theta theme! See the snowman flying a kite? I made the kite and put it on thin floral wire which I anchored under the 'snow'~ |
I saw this idea on Kelley's blog/Kelley Highway
and immediately went to Martha Stewart dot com to watch the video and see the pattern. I made a bunch of these to hang on gift bags & stockings. Then I had a brain wave and got the idea to alter the pattern and make an elephant since College Girl likes elephants. I just made the ears bigger, cut multiple slits for the candy cane trunk, and trimmed the top of the head flatter - voila!
Merry Christmas. God Bless us, everyone!
sharing this post with:
Time Travel Thursday Brambleberry Cottage





☆ * :: *: ☆ Merry Christmas ☆: * :: * ☆
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to a wonderful Christmas.
From Japan.
My name is Ryoma Sakamoto.
Aaaaaaaaack! I LOVE x 18 the adorable girl elephant! Oh, my goodness! You are so creative! And your mice are precious, too!
ReplyDeleteThat was awesome that you shared all these sweet photos!
Merry Christmas!
Kelley~
Blessings, Shawn! You're up late tonight...and, so am I. I was exhausted after a big day yesterday...and, I slept in way too late! Here I am wide eyed and it's 2:45 am.
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your college girl. What fun you are having with her these days!
Thank you for your wonderful post...I loved the videos!
May God richly bless you in the coming year!
Carolynn
Happy New Year to you! Love your gingerbread house. Greg's flight was cancelled, so he's on his way to Pittsburgh via train. Chris and I will pick him up at noon. Thank you Shawn.
ReplyDeleteI hope your Christmas was wonderful. Happy New Year.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, Shawn! I love each and every photo that you took, and your videos, too!!!! Happy New Year to you and your wonderful family!
ReplyDeleteOh such cute ideas to bookmark and make this coming year!!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!! Great decorating and love the elephant!
ReplyDeleteLoved the video Shawn! You have a fun snowman collection. I have a timer like your magical snowman. Just pulled it out today. The little felt animals are cute and I love your gingerbread house! Kelley is a sweetheart!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Jann
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that 2013 is happy and healthy for you and yours. Joan
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Linda
Hello my friend -- how are you! I am so sorry I haven't been here in a while -- I know you know what life can be like sometimes...sometime I fall off the grid! I wanted to wish you and yours a fabulous and wonderful New Year and know that you are in my thoughts : ) I hope you New Year is like a PERFECT POT OF TEA!!!!! : ) hugs...
ReplyDeleteThank you for the great video! I love all the images as well and your snowmen collection is awesome! Thank you dear Sawn for your sweet and kind comment, and I certainly look forward to visiting each other in 2013! Many blessings for you and yours for this new year.
ReplyDeleteFABBY