
Making the decision to have a child – it’s momentous. It is to decide
forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
Elizabeth Stone
Her little hands stole my heart,
Her little feet ran away with it.
| photo source wenderly dot com |
This afternoon College Girl and I decided to relax and do 'nothing' (the 'lull before the storm' because finals are next week!) - so we enjoyed a televised baseball game, got out our 64 count Crayons to color in our Marvel Avengers and Disney Alice In Wonderland coloring books and baked Oat Scones for tea time. I just love coloring! It's so relaxing and it takes me back to the times I used to lie on my stomach on the floor as a child filling coloring pages with carnation pink, indigo, or yellow green.
Oat Current Scones
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup currants & chopped nuts
Recipe from SIMPLY SCONES by Leslie Weiner and Barbara Albright
At the Harney website the tisane is described as "a blend created in honor of all Mothers. A great gift for Mom, or the
perfect choice if you are hosting a Mother’s Day Tea. This is a
beautiful, refreshing caffeine-free cup; chamomile flowers blended with
rosebuds, cornflowers, and orange peel, infused with citrus flavor."
| tisane - infusion of dried or fresh flowers or leaves, a tea-like drink made with herbs |
Her hands and feet are not tiny any more, but she still has possession of my heart and always will.
| Lifting a cuppa and wishing each of you a lovely weekend. Chamomile bouquets and Devonshire Cream Hugs! |
Sharing this post with:

A very HAPPY MOTHER's Day to you!!!! May your day be filled with Love & Tea : ) sending tons of hugs!!!! We will talk soon!
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day dear blogger friend! Love your post. Check out my blog when you have time. You inspired me to make a little fairy garden! It was really fun.
ReplyDeleteLove ya lots,
Linda
Happy, Happy Mother's day! I love the fact that the two of you still color together. I sat down to color with my 6 year old a few days ago and it took me right back to scribbling in my own color books as a kid. LOL
ReplyDeleteSounds like your Mother's Day was amazing, Shawn! Thank you so much for sharing your heartwarming post with us!!! You are the BEST!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful post and I'm not the only adult who actually enjoys coloring. :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a nice holiday!
A good way to spend Mother's Day - very relaxing and fun!
ReplyDeleteWhat a perfect choice.
ReplyDeleteHappy to have you at Seasonal Sundays.
- The Tablescaper
I know EXACTLY what you mean..."little hands". My DGD, Ms. C. made me the most precious picture for Mothers Day. I plan on framing it.
ReplyDeleteI think your scones look scrumptious & your tea, Mother's Bouquet, was a very appropriate selection. I've never tried it & need to find more caffeine free ones to enjoy in the evening. Thanks for the idea!
Greaat blog
ReplyDelete