Handyman does our grocery shopping and he is so darn good at it! I've never liked going into overly cold air-conditioned stores and listening to elevator music while I filled my cart, so a few years ago he started going to the market. He leaves a grocery list on the kitchen counter and College Girl and I add whatever we need to the list. He is an early riser so by the time I awake the fridge is stocked! I know - I'm keeping him!!
He picked up six containers of raspberries from Costco the other day since they were a bargain. They looked and smelled wonderful. We decided to use half of them in a Raspberry Crisp.
Raspberry Crisp <click on this link for the directions at Food.com, but here are the ingredients:
4 cups fresh raspberries, divided
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 3/4 cups quick oats
1 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup cold butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 3/4 cups quick oats
1 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup cold butter
We crushed some of the berries, then added water. We poured the berry/water mix into a saucepan and combined it with sugar and cornstarch.
We cooked this mixture then added the remainder of the raspberries.
I prepared the oatmeal mix next, and cut in the butter. Half of the oatmeal got patted into the bottom of the baking dish.
The next step was to pour the berries over the 'crust,' then spread the remaining oatmeal over the raspberries.
Golden and bubbly, the finished dish filled the kitchen with a wonderful aroma!
I wish you could stop by. There's iced and hot tea and we could sit on the patio, eat warm Raspberry Crisp and talk about the Perigee Moon, or Supermoon.
The full moon of June 22-23 is the closest and largest full moon
of this year. Many call it a supermoon.
There are three full moons in 2013 that meet the definition of a
supermoon, but this June 22-23 full moon is the
most super of the supermoons. A super-duper moon!
Happy Pink Saturday - enjoy the Perigee Moon!
sharing with:








Your Raspberry crisp sounds wonderful! I'm so going to try it this week! I didn't know about the super moon either, so thank you for adding that information. Hopefully the Tampa sky's will clear so I can see it. Happy Pink Saturday!
ReplyDeleteFabulous crisp! and yes, def a keeper =)
ReplyDeleteTY for the info on the supermoon - timely visit today! I will be watching tonite!
Thx for your visit to FHC - you're always welcome - HapPy PS!
That raspberry crisp looks lovely and I'm sure it tastes wonderful. Well done, your husband for the shopping choice! Have a good day!
ReplyDeleteI'd swear I can smell those raspberries cooking! That looks so delicious. And the moon is stunning tonight. :)
ReplyDeleteYum this looks so delicious! Look at those raspberries they are just crying out to be eaten!! Hope you had a fab weekend x
ReplyDeleteI'd say your husband is a keeper. Love berries and oatmeal. Looks wonderful!
ReplyDeleteMy hubby does a lot of the shopping too and I totally agree with you. I hate grocery shopping.
ReplyDeleteYour recipe looks so yummy. Raspberries are my favorite. Our local ones are out at the stands and I can't get enough.
THanks for stopping by...always a pleasure to hear from you dear friend.
Linda
Sounds like you do have a keeper over there. :)
ReplyDeleteThe raspberries look delicious and so does the recipe.
Yum, Yum, Yum! Thanks for sharing the recipe too - I'm starting to salivate!
ReplyDeleteDelicious pinning:) We rode our bikes under that full perigee moon:)
ReplyDeleteOh yum! I just bought a case of raspberries and started making jam. I made one batch and was out of lemon juice. Bought more to finish jam in the morning. Thinking I need to save some for this. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeletehugs,
Jann
You are lucky to have a guy like that around! My hubs loves to go to the grocery store too, but it cracks me up that he NEVER deviates from the list, he gets exactly what's on there, never throws in a frivolous purchase like a pint of raspberries, yum! Yes, I would love some raspberry crisp and a spot of tea!
ReplyDeleteJenna
I got what you mean about such cold super markets..hate them too! Mr. Living adores going to the grocery store, he went a few times now when we were in our Florida vacation and yes, it was freezing inside! Hubby loves to add to my list too, so that's fun, lol.. Thank you for the récipe, yummy! Thanks for your sweet visit.
ReplyDeleteFABBY
Oooooohhh that looks delicious! We ve moved in THE meantime
ReplyDeleteI am back in craftland! Thatcher craftroom is ready and so am i!
Love from THE netherlands, leintje*
Yes, we've been noticing the moon. It is absolutely GORGEOUS!! Thanks for telling why. Linda
ReplyDeleteThis looks really delicious. I personally like to market to see what is new and available, but I might relinquish if I had someone that shops as well as your husband. Nice to hear.
ReplyDeleteOh my this look so very yummy. I am pinning it and I must try it soon. Thank you for sharing your recipe. Hugs, Beverly
ReplyDelete