Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, June 14, 2013

Treat Yourself





File:US Flag Day poster 1917.jpg 

It's Flag Day! We have a telescoping flag pole in our backyard and we fly the Stars and Stripes on National holidays such as Veteran's Day, July 4th, and today, which also happens to be my sister's birthday. When I spoke to her she said she was headed to the pool after eating cupcakes- sounds like a nice day.
 
 In the U.S, Flag Day is celebrated on June 14. It commemorates the adoption of the flag of the United States, which happened on that day in 1777 by resolution of the Second Continental Congress. The U.S. Army also celebrates it's birthday on this date.




 I've been having fun using my new Treasured Times stamp. This little guy is perfect for sending a birthday wish.
 


I stamped him twice, then fussy cut the first stamping to remove the icing and the cupcake paper in order to layer it on the second stamping for dimension - see below.


I used:
  • Glossy Accents on the cherry for shine
  • Martha Stewart white flocking on the icing area
  • Stickles for swirl lines over the flocking
  • Distress Inks to color image
  • vintage book page misted with red ink
  • Spellbinders nestbilities for shaped matting
  • Treasured Times Boneco Cupcake stamp



I think my sister would like this card, don't you?




sharing this post with-

8 comments:

  1. Heck yes - your sister would LOVE that card- it's amazing! You are so talented.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an adorable card. I think your sister will love it!
    Happy PS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shawn! Actually, my daughter would love this little cupcake guy - she's all into cupcakes and made some terrific canolli stuffed cupcakes a couple weeks ago! They weren't pink, though -
    Glad you enjoyed my elder friend and her party pictures - and yes - there's a little book with all sorts of scrapping goodies in the works for her. I also have a patriotic banner to make and mail in a swap before the 4th! Working on opening an Etsy - yes - I'm getting back my art this summer!! WhooHOO!
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so professional yet so special when you've hand-made your cards, You're sister would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute, cute card. Anyone would like it. Stopping by from Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo-HOO!!! You're back Shawn! You must feel refreshed and ready to share with us again. I couldn't be happier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super Cute Card Shawn!! I LOVE the frosting on top!! I wish I had a pile of frosting on my head.....really!!

    We had a wonderful Flag day!! Our Scout troop helped carry 373 flags for a Flag Ceremony that was held at our local American Legion. The flags were honorably burned in a new fire pit that one of our Scouts did as his Eagle Scout project. It was a Beautiful ceremony!

    Hugs!!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~