Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Do You Know The Way to Leprechaun Lane?


By Killarney's lakes and fells,
Em'rald isles and winding bays,
Mountain paths, and woodland dells
Memory ever fondly strays;
Bounteous nature loves all lands;
Beauty wanders everywhere
Footprints leaves on many strands,
But her home is surely there.
Angels fold their wings and rest
In that Eden of the west,
Beauty's home, Killarney,
Ever fair, Killarney.
E. O'Rourke 

You may remember this teacup from last year. My friend Patty sent it to me. It's musical and has a wind-up key underneath the cup! I love the different sized shamrocks on it and the wavy lip edge. I display it all through Spring because of it's cheery green and white color. Today I used it and a printed Irish blessing, which I framed, to decorate our afternoon tea table.


Our new cat - adopted last September - saw me placing the shamrock tablecloth on our kitchen farm house table and thought it would be a lovely place to doze and watch the backyard birdsI quickly squashed that idea! So, he contented himself with watching me set the table while keeping one eye on the backyard in case any birds visited. And one obliged! A Western Scrub Jay stopped by for a peanut.


 I love using this white teapot because of it's size and pretty embossed design.


 Tea for two!




For each petal on the shamrock,
This brings a wish your way,
Good health, good luck and happiness,
Today and every day.

 
Pansies, Sage blossoms and a Daffodil graced the table.


I love using our claddagh napkin rings. Did you notice there is also a claddagh on the cups? The claddagh symbolized Love, Loyalty and Friendship.

These claddagh cups have no designated manufacturers mark. They are footed ceramic beaker style cups.


The aroma of Irish Soda Bread filled the kitchen and tasted wonderful with butter, jam and a cup of tea.



We'll be listening to Irish music for the next few days. Next to our c.d. player are discs from The Fenians and The Boys of The Lough.

The reverse side of the cup has shamrocks on it
  
 Do you celebrate St Patrick's Day with a corned beef dinner or a city parade? Have you ever tried making Irish Soda Bread? It's very easy.

 


 Sláinte is a word literally translating as "health" and is commonly used as a toast in Ireland and Scotland.

photo Clara Ceramics


Happy St. Patrick's Day~




sharing this post with:

Our DelightfulHome

18 comments:

  1. Thank You for this beautiful post.I love all things Irish.A lot of bloggers talk about how lovely France is but I just can't get enough Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous post, Shawn! Everything is perfect for St. Pat's day!!! Your Irish Soda Bread looks so yummy and your table is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delight- such a wonderful collection of irish accessories- love the cups and napkins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shawn, what a gorgeous table set for St. Patty's! Love the little saying and all of your pretty green and whites. We had Irish soda bread last year, but my daughter brought it. I need to try making it. Yours looks delicious! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy St. Patrick's Day.. I love your pretty tea cup, pansies and the tablescape.. Cute shot of the Scrub Jay.. Enjoy your week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every blessing on St. Patrick's Day, Shawn. What a lovely way to celebrate with your pretty table decorations! The little blue bird is so sweet, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So delightful to catch up with you and all the gorgeous cards coming out of your studio!! I love your St. Paddy's Day green at teatime today - been basking in it myself of late. Although - today - on the 17th - we are getting buried in snow again! Blech.

    Your warm California photos with springtime venues and that terrific bird shot with the peanut makes me so hungry for spring and warm temps and green and flowers! A refreshing way to start my day with such images. Soda bread looks yum - always love it with tea, too.

    I've been enjoying doing more mixed media tag work, and creating my own "look" - doing shows with the tags and my "floral frills" fabric flowers. I returned to more concentrated efforts in my art after being away from it for about ten years, busy with performance programing. Now, I'm happy to be home, freelance writing, book publishing and making beautiful things.

    I hope you'll link in with my 4th Monday of each month link-up I'm launching this month on the 24th - All Things Bright and Beautiful. Link in your favorite "best of" of the month for an "encore performance" celebrating the theme. More to come on this during my posts this week!

    So glad to hear your mom is better - always a stress fracture when our loved ones fall ill. May she know full recover and new life this spring!
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi lovely lady.
    Thank You for this beautiful post.I love all things Irish !! I would love to see France also some day. Your tablescape is Beautiful for St. Patrick's Day. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my table.. I need to come back and follow you right now your blog will not let me. Happy St. Patrick's Day's Day with your family. God Bless.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely post! I so enjoyed it. Your collection is great and I love the tablecloth.
    Happy St Patrick's Day!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have missed reading your posts! I must stop by for a cup of tea more often, find that place to rest and enjoy friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Irish table specially that bread which is temptenting me, sweetie! The tablecloth with shamrocks is adorable! The musical teacup is lovely and how fun it's musical...umm..Your Irish collection is the best I've seen! Happy St. Patty's pretty girl!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Shawn, just getting here! I love your shamrock china! And I had a helper ...sorta---while I was trying to photograph too. Love the tablecloth. The bread looks wonderful! I forgot to make us some this year! Shame on me! And I love the tile!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  13. We celebrated St Patrick's Day with our entire lane, eating corned beef and cabbage and soda bread. Irish dancers and fiddlers entertained us. It is a tradition on our lane and everyone comes.

    Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving sweet words.

    Oh, and I love the napkin rings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy belated St. Patrick's Day, Shawn! I absolutely love seeing your beautiful photos. I am 1/2 Irish, so this is very close to and touched my heart! Thank you for sharing this post with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great post, Shawn. I love that typewriter! You got a great picture of the jay getting a peanut. You have some pretty green there, I like your tea cup and mugs. Happy belated St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just want to come stay at your house---sipping tea and sharing poetry. And maybe taking that typewrite home with me.....

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Irish Soda Bread looks awesome! Always love your birds. Very pretty St. Pats' Day set ups!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~