Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Catitude


Here is our newest rescue cat - we just celebrated his first year with us! He's a Maine Coon and has a sweet disposition and lovable personality quirks. 
I entered this layout at CSI's Challenge #139
and was happy and honored it was a featured page that week. I machine stitched, punched, stenciled/misted, and stamped on the background page. I also used the required sketch:


Here is a close up shot in which you can see that I added dimension by putting the photo on foam adhesive dots ~


I used a piece of paper from a 6" x 6" pad, turned it upside down and tied bakery string through the pad's hole punch without tearing off the perforated section. 


This photo shows the flower, paw brad and meow button cluster at the bottom corner of the page. I did lots of punching, tearing and stamping in this corner.

It's still 100 degrees outside. It gives me a headache! I've started reading a new book which looks fascinating and have been slowly digging through the autumn decor boxes and placing Halloween items here and there. I want to put a monogram on a white pumpkin and add it to our other white pumpkins on the mantle. Our fireplace surround is black and I think it will look elegant.

Update~ Chana from 613 Avenue Create 
just told me I was selected as
 Layout Designer of the Day for October 6, 2014.
I'm thrilled! Thank you, 613 Avenue Create.

613 Avenue Create

My page was also featured at CSI - wohoo!




sharing this post with:
You're Going To Love It

7 comments:

  1. Very nicely done! A wonderful interpretation of the challenge requirement! Thanks for taling a stroll thorugh our neighborhood and dopping this off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's me again! You have been named our Scrapbook Layout Designer of The Day for October 6, 2014. Your project will be featured on our FB page later this morning. Thanks, again, for visiting the neighborhood. Stop by, say hello and grab a Designer of The Day Badge. www.facebook.com/avenue613 .
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cleverly scrapped with the cat eyeing the bird. And I will keep that idea in mind about leaving the border strip on the 6 x 6 paper. Fab page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are sharing your project & creativity at 613 Ave C Shawn! I really like your ratio of white space and images - makes a great composition. The details of the bird stamped in the corner, the distressed edges, and the wonderful layering behind the picture are such interesting elements... love it!
    ~ginny, DT for 613 Ave Create Challenge #92 Anything Goes/no twist
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful scrap book of your recued cat on his 1st. year with you. Love the party with the birdie. I am impressed, it's great and you are so talented pretty girl!
    Hugs.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your page is absolutely amazing, Shawn! I love the photo of your beautiful cat, too. Congrats on being Designer of the day, too! WOOHOO! Thank you so much for always sharing your creativity with all of us, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~