October’s poplars are flaming torches
lighting the way to winter.
Nova S. Bair
We haven't chosen the pattern for our pumpkin carving yet, but that's because College Girl has been busy with midterms for the past two weeks. We did, however, make a quick hanging banner for our fireplace! College Girl strung dollar store plastic skeletons on a double strand of bakery string, then placed silk maple leaves between each skeleton.
When various holidays roll around I like using seasonal dishes, rugs and towels in addition to decorative pieces. As avid tea drinkers, we have a small collection of mugs and cups that lend a festive air to our morning or evening cuppas! Here is a small mug someone gave to us that makes an appearance each October~
It has pointy capotain hats hand-painted
around the sides. Not familiar with the word capotain? Not to worry! Neither was I until recently. The conical hat with a wide brim typically pictured with witches are capotains. Pilgrims wore a flat topped version.
October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came,—
The Ashes, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The sunshine spread a carpet,
And every thing was grand;
Miss Weather led the dancing;
Professor Wind, the band.
The leaves by hundreds came,—
The Ashes, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The sunshine spread a carpet,
And every thing was grand;
Miss Weather led the dancing;
Professor Wind, the band.
George Cooper
Dark chocolate dipped macadamia shortbread just jumped onto my napkin! Who am I to resist?
There are silly green spiders (we jokingly call
them speeders) that grin back at me when I use this sweet little cup.
![]() |
| The Ghost Cafe looks perfect in the kitchen every October Can you believe Halloween is almost here and the countdown to the holidays is upon us? I'm glad that Halloween falls on a Friday this year. |
Where there is no imagination,
there is no horror.
Sir A.C. Doyle
We'll be handing out candy, roasting pumpkin seeds, and watching Hocus Pocus or Under Wraps by candle light. I'll keep my camera ready for cute visiting trick or treaters!
sharing this post with:







Your post really put me in the Halloween spirit, Shawn! I love that mug - so adorable! All of your decor is so wonderful - especially the key in "31!" Love them all!!!! We have not decided how to decorate our pumpkin yet - I can't believe it is Friday already. We better get moving!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love your cute Halloween mug, Shawn! The Ghost cafe is such a wonderful addition to your kitchen. Happy Halloween!!
ReplyDeleteI love the mantle decor and the ghost cafe is cute. I guess you have to drink fast from the mug before a green spider can get on to yout face. LOL.
ReplyDeleteThank you for linking to Mosaic Monday Shawn.
Chocolate dipped macadamia shortbread sounds wonderful and would be a lovely treat with tea! I like the poem by George Cooper. A very creative post, Shawn. Thanks for sharing and joining me for tea.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Sandi
Lots of Halloween fun there! I am loving the mug and the décor pieces! Those cookies sound delicious! Hope you have a fun Halloween!
ReplyDeleteVery cute Shawn! However did the shortbread jump on your napkin??! Amazing! Must have been in a frog costume! Love your mug and decorations. Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
ReplyDeleteRuth
I do love that halloween mug.... and your certainly have made things festive!
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteI love your Hallowe'en decor! The mug is so sweet! Thank you for visiting me! Happy Tea Day! Karen
Hi my friend! Thanks for the new word, can't wait to impress my family. Everything looks so cute and ready for Halloween. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha
ReplyDeleteHow cozy and cheerful your must be! Really like the little little October gave a party poem. Cheers!
ReplyDeleteHallo Shawn,
ReplyDeletehappy Halloween for you and your family.....Enjoy the day...
Thank you so much for your kind and lovely words on my blog....
Your blog is fantastic I love the mix from scrapbooking and home decor and, and, and......
Hugs from The Netherlands...... Heike
Hi, I really love all you Halloween decorations! You daughter did a great job with the banner. Thanks so much for all your visits this week. Wishing you a Happy Halloween and spooktacular weekend.
ReplyDeleteJulie @ Julie's Lifestyle
Happy Halloween! Your post is so festive :). I really like the banner your daughter made, Very cool. Have a great weekend :)
ReplyDeleteShawn, the garland is just whimsical fun! Your mug is certainly fun and I love that crow advent! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
ReplyDeletehugs,
Jann
I love everything about your halloween decor! That is definitely my cup of the tea :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up with my link party!
xx
Mila
milaslittlethings.com
milawayable@gmail.com