There was a lunar eclipse the other night that was visible in our time zone beginning at 1:50 a.m. College Girl and I went outside at 1:35 and were amazed at just how bright the moon was and how well we could see everything. I took this photo of the patio and the fire pit and table can be clearly seen, as well as the yellow color of the sunflowers! I didn't use a tripod so the sunflower photo turned out blurry, but you get the idea.
The shadows looked so stark - such high contrast!
This week I played along again at CSI and made another scrapbook page. Here is the Case File for the page I created ~ You have to use all the colors, two items from Evidence and one Testimony.
I made a page about how every year the Easter Bunny places an egg in the Iris blooms in our backyard for the egg hunt. How strange! It's amazing that the Iris blooms just in time for Easter, even though Easter falls in March some years and in April in others.
You can see the glitter and shine of the melted embossing powder along with a purple heart button, brads, and stitched yarn.
I overlapped the photos of the Iris and placed the right one on foam adhesive for a little lift and dimension. The purple mesh peeking out from underneath the photos came off the top of a honey jar. Waste not, want not!
Did anyone see the lunar eclipse? What crafty
thing are you working on right now?
Have a great Friday :)
sharing this post with:





Hi there! Love your layout! So many cool techniques. No I didn't get to see the eclipse! I must have been dead to the happenings because I didn't even know about it until the next day. What a great time for you and your daughter to go out and take in this special moment. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful page Shawn! I love the addition of the stitched yarn. The combination of the purples and yellow are gorgeous! I knew about the eclipse, but forgot about it that night. Darn! Our Iris don't bloom here until May. That's a fun tradition for the Easter Bunny to always place one in an Iris. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
ReplyDeletehugs,
Jann
Stunning photos, beautiful layout. Nicely documented.
ReplyDelete