Kimberly at Hannah's Design Team Blog contacted me to tell me I won a Tim Holtz Configuration Box. Woohoo! I never win things, so this was a cool surprise. It will be a fun project for the upcoming summer!
Meanwhile, our neighbors are moving so we awoke to the sound of shouting, bangs, crashes, and moving vans early this morning. Since I was up I decided to work on a card using paper from the Flying Unicorn Store.
I stamped the brick background with Distress Antique Linen. The paper is graphic 45 Baby To Bride edged with Distress Vintage Photo ink. I painted the bird with Distress Picket Fence Crackle Paint. I used a Stampendous Music Score stamp on the punched oval. The button and cream flower are also from the Flying Unicorn. Like the effect of the embossed edge punch...it is my newest punch from Martha Stewart. I usually go for lots of color, so this was actually a stretch for me to use a soft palette but I like it. I admire the monochrome white on white or all cream cards and LO's I see, but don't know if I can manage it! My inclination is to add color! LOL~ This is a start, eh?
Congrats on the win!
ReplyDeleteIt's a beautiful card, I love the muted colours.
Congrats on the win! That card is beautiful :)
ReplyDeleteTonight I needed a teeny little break before finishing off the kitchen dishes. So I came here and had a delightful time. Thank you, Shawn. Cheers, Kelly :)
ReplyDeleteThat is super cool! I am so glad you won! Woot Woot! Can't wait to see what you do with your box girly!
ReplyDeleteHugs!
Lovin' me some BRICKS, Shawn!!!! BEAUTIFUL CARD, girlfriend!
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous card!!! I totally love that you die-cut the cardboard...can't wait to try that technique! The simple things that you don't think of are so exciting to find on a friend's blog!!!
ReplyDelete