So, with Iris and roses for inspiration, I got started making cards.
I used a blank Krome Kote card and cut it in half in order to have 2 separate pieces with which to work. On the card above, I smeared Distress Ink on my Ranger Craft Sheet then misted the ink with water. I pressed the piece of Krome Kote onto the beaded ink/water mixture, then lifted and patted dry with paper towels. Next, I used my Ink Blending Tool to blend various inks around the perimeter. Using my Marvy square punch, I punched out a scalloped square and stamped it with my Stampendous Music Score wood stamp.
The flower and bee are K and Co die cuts. (thanks, Heather!). I also used my Martha Stewart embossing edge punch on the Krome Kote, then mounted the die cuts on foam dots. A little bit of Stickles finishes this one!
I am such a fan of resist techniques, so I used wax paper and a hot iron to create the effects on this cards' Krome Kote piece. Crumple a piece of wax paper, flatten it, lay it over the tag/card,etc. Place a second tag or card over that, or a piece of scrap paper. (wax paper in the middle, like a sandwich). Place a larger scrap paper over the whole thing and iron with a dry/hot iron for several seconds. You do not want the iron to touch the wax paper. Discard wax paper. A waxy design will be coated on your tag/card 'bread' pieces! You can now mist, spread or blend ink onto this and watch the pattern appear. Look at the card above, under the square K and Co. flower tag...see the marbled looking inked piece? That is the Krome Kote onto which I blended Distress Ink in Dusty Concord, Chipped Sapphire, Bundled Sage and Spun Sugar. I finished the card with colored cardstock, ribbon, edge punching and Adirondack espresso paint dabber for the K and Co tag.
Oh my goodness! What amazing and beautiful cards! The techniques used on both cards look totally awesome! I can't wait to try them out. TFS, my friend!!!!!
ReplyDeleteStunning Spring cards! Love the backgrounds and those pretty flowers! Have a great Sunday!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards Shawn. I love how the flowers in your backyard inspired you. There is no greater beauty than natures eye candy. :)
ReplyDeleteShawn, these cards are gorgeous....they are eye candy, for sure! Your inking is stunning and I love your choice of color combinations!
ReplyDeleteHugs to YOU!
Shawn~ Thank you for sharing the photo of the Irises! They are just beautiful! I can't wait for my bulbs to bloom :-). I love the resist technique you used...I really do need to try that! As always your cards look fabulous! I love the flower images...and colors in your cards! I love your layering and inking...beautiful! Hugs!
ReplyDelete