Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Take 3 Flowers.....

I bought a bagful of flowers at a great price, but they are rather plain. I've seen other paper crafters layer them so I gave it a shot. I began with 3 flowers~


Next, I smeared Distress Ink on my craft mat and spritzed it with water. I had fun sliding the flowers around in the inky water...yes, my fingers were orange afterwards! lol



Wheee!!



Ta Da!!


I don't mind if the coverage isn't perfect. If you want the flowers solid (like the bottom blossom) give it another swirl through the ink/water or rub the ink pad directly on it but be careful not to tear off the damp petals. Now, fold one of the flowers in half placing a tiny dot of glue in the middle.



Place another dot of glue (I used Glossy Accents) near the fold and fold the flower into forths.



I sort of scrunched the little point down and glued this bud to a second flower. Smoosh the second flower, with glue on its center, under the folded bud and squeeze. 


It has a bowl-like bottom now. I pressed it flat on the center bottom so I could then glue it to the third flower.
See how 'peaked' it was on the bottom before I made a flat spot? I just smashed it flat a bit on the table.


Here are the finished flowers...I made two of them. I spritzed the right flower with Tsukineko Walnut Ink.



What a difference from just 3 flat flowers, eh?

8 comments:

  1. Aren't you clever! Thanks for the tut!
    http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2011/09/encouraging-words-magnet-swap.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so quick and easy - I need to do that more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great tutorial! Your method really works well. Great photos too. Thanks so much for your fab instructions.
    hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! (Wondering if the dyes faded off your hands yet!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good tutorial! Thanks, Shawn!!
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cute!! I did something kinda sorta like this for the flower on my wreath but didn't think of watering down the ink-just kind of dabbed the ink blotter around the edges. Like your idea much better!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing.....love all the pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so beautiful! Really love the one where the ink didn't cover all the areas and then you spritzed it! Thanks for sharing your technique.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~