This sits in the dining room on our dish dresser, nestled near the cobalt dishes and the pewter pieces.
I love the shape and it's little feet! I am sharing a blue teacup today that I purchased in Solvang, California. If you have the opportunity to explore the Santa Ynez area of California you will find peaceful scenery, fabulous bakeries and historic places to visit! It is located in Santa Barbara County and was founded in 1911. One of the California Missions is nearby. This whimsical Danish town has great gift shops, tree lined streets and a fabulous restuarant that serves famous Split Pea Soup~
Before my daughter came along, I used to quilt! So when I spotted this charming cup I just had to buy it as a souvenier from our trip and a reminder of contented times working on quilts...which I will get back to one of these days. (I have a cupboard bursting with fabric!) With a little girl to sew for, I happily put quilts on the backburner and made dresses, pantaloons & blouses.
I just love the blue band and black rim...so striking!
This pattern is called Nine Patch for the design on the saucer~
Isn't it charming?
See the 'quilting' on the blue band?
Perfect cup for a Fall day!
I am sharing this post with:
Good morning Shawn,
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful teacup you have found. It is perfect for the quilter in you. Your tea canister is adorable and really makes a statement. Thank you for sharing your sweet treasures with us today. Hope you have a delightful day.
Blessings,
Sandi
Happy Teacup Tuesday morning! Your cup is so you ..and I do adore the canister. Cobalt blue was what I first collected as a child so your post hits a lovely note with me.
ReplyDeleteHi Shawn,
ReplyDeletewhat a fun to find a tea cup which match perfect with your hobby. It is a lovely color aand a nice decor. The canister is also very adorable. Thank you for sharing.
best greetings, Johanna
Shawn, I love your tea canister! When I was a child my mom had one for coffee and one for tea! The teacup is perfect for the quilter in you and a great "memory" piece! Very pretty!
ReplyDeleteShawn - lovely quilting cup and canister, milady! I was recently in a quilt shop in Lancaster and would have walked away with something but for two reasons: I knew that I could make one myself IF I had the time and I just didn't have the $1600. to spare. Ah, me . . . and sew, a cup of tea.
ReplyDeleteJoy!
Kathy
Another lovely post Shawn...I have a massive collection of small useable teapots {last count well over 100}. They are still boxed in my garage...sigh...you make me want to dig them out. Maybe next spring after we are done renovating.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great find, that tea canister! It's wonderful! Your teacup is very pretty too! Love the quilting.
ReplyDeleteWish I could make a big wonderful quilt for myself. My first Iowa winter is going to be mighty cold!
Happy tea time!
Love the Dansk cup and perfect for a quilter. Your tea canister is great! Happy Tea Day!
ReplyDeleteThat tea canister is a great find. I love the blue and white. And your cup and saucer is perfect for a cup of tea. Visting from Tea Cup Tuesday. Have a lovely day.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you found a new canister for your collection and your cup and saucer is lovely...I am fond of blues. Have a great week and so glad you shared this.
ReplyDeleteI love the blue color, so vivid. Beautiful tea canister!..Christine
ReplyDeleteIt is charming. I love the navy and white too! Classic!
ReplyDeleteIt is charming and the color is so vivid and beautiful!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful tea canister! What a great find -- your Dansk teacup, besides being a lovely blue and white, is a lovely quilt-related design.
ReplyDeleteI do love the nine patch quilts, so this china is gorgeous to me! Especially the color, so vibrant! Dansk makes such wonderful things!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Terri
Oh wow...but this tea canister is so gorgeous. I love the cobalt blue color! It really gives me cool ,antique feeling when I see it. Quilts...I too have alot of quiting that I need to get done as well. But...I still need my grandmother help and she is 99! I guess I had better hurry! I love this!!!
ReplyDeleteHugs - Ginger
I learned something new today-I had no idea that 'THE' is FR for tea!
ReplyDeleteSolvang sounds like a community I would love to visit. So nice to find a teacup and saucer that brings back such sweet memories each time you use it too.
I drink tea from sun-up until sun-down. I can't imagine life without it! I'm always so happy to find a kindred spirit out there in blogland!
Your canister is awesome! what a beautiful collection you must have.
ReplyDeleteYour teacup was certainly a very fortunate find. I have never seen one with that design, which is clearly perfect for you.
ReplyDeleteYour tea canister is adorable, love it especially when it's in french :) your teacup is so cute, love the color and the design, thanks for dropping by my blog, have a wonderful day!
ReplyDeletesusan
Blue is such a great color. Your collection must be wonderful. The teacup is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI love classic blue and white!! Know I know how to spell Tea in French :-)...I would of looked at that and thought..."The"..would of turned it to see if the word flour or sugar were on the next side :-)
ReplyDeleteI love nine patch quilts! Scrappy ones..and ones with lots of colorful pieces are my fav!
Great tea cup set to honor those soon to come back quilting days.
hugs!!