Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Lotion & Toiletries & Sprays, Oh My!

Well, I basically gave up when it came to keeping my daugher's bathroom counter neat several years ago. Under sink storage is filled with towels, t.p. and Kleenex so organizing there was not possible. I tried arranging all her myriad spritzes, lotions and conditioners on the limited counter space but that was impossible now that she wears make up and jewelry! Then one day I got an idea. I was looking at photos of how women organize their craft areas and saw that many used shoe organizers for their punches. And I thought, "hmmm....what if I used one in the bathroom?" Later that week I went into Big Lots and headed straight for the closet and bathroom organizing section. I found a washable linen-bamboo hanging shoe organizer that was a neutral color. It has four over-the-door hooks. I figured if shoes could fit in the pouches, my daughter's beauty supplies would fit!


It works brilliantly! Even her straightening iron and hair dryer fit in the pockets.



Everything is at her fingertips since this hangs on the door to the tub/toilet area near her bathroom sink.
I love not seeing ALL this crammed on her counter, and even though she is not a neat-freak as I tend to be, it is simple for her to reach over and 'put stuff away'. Hurrah!

 Ever hear the saying that "work expands to fill the time alotted"? Well that is true about beauty supplies too!! ~lol~ All those bottles are off the counter but somehow her makeup, nail polish and jewelry have now taken up residence on the counter. Such is the life of a girly-girl.

7 comments:

  1. Love this idea! I don't have any teenagers anymore, but I am limited on space in my bathroom too. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!!
    Small sinks and toiletries are a problem for us too. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I do have one that I use for my small stamps and small bling. It is a jewelry holder I think and is double sided.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! This is worthy of a pin! Something to remember, indeed!
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. We moms never give up on getting our daughters organized, do we Shawn? LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank goodness my dd keeps all that stuff in her room, lol we have no room in our bathroom for all her BEAUTY supplies. LOL that is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! great idea! Now you need a second one on the other side of the door!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~