Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Anchors Away

Sweet-Bee-Magic-4oz 

I thought I'd share a fairly recent discovery of mine with you since you may have 'mummy hands' this month like we did. College Girl's hands get so dry every winter they look like she stuck them in a dehydrator! Back in October we were shopping at an all natural grocery store called Mother's Market and they were handing out samples of Bee Magic. I put it in my purse and forgot about it. Then one day I opened it and rubbed some Bee Magic on my parched cuticles - voila! They looked moisturized, not neglected. I started using Bee Magic on my elbows and heels, and when December rolled around I offered it to my daughter when her knuckles started to get tiny cracks. Next time we went to Mother's Market we bought a small jar of Bee Magic. It contains; 
purifying PROPOLIS
healing, antimicrobial HONEY
nourishing ROYAL JELLY
revitalizing BEE POLLEN
moisturizing OLIVE OIL
protective BEESWAX

It is a tiny bit oily when you first put it on, but we like the ingredients and it doesn't smell bad. The whole family can use it, too. No formal endorsement here, just sharing. 
 
Anyone a Sperry Top- Sider fan? It's funny how particular items are popular in certain parts of the country, and other things are classic pretty much everywhere. I've never owned a pair of Sperry Top- Siders 'boat shoes' until today. I got a pair of black canvas Bahamas, and learned that you can change the suede lace to a colored one if you want. Happy Birthday to me! College Girl spent some of her Christmas money on a navy blue Vineyard Vines tee shirt with an adorable whale on the back. Thrifty tip: if you can wear a kids size 14-16, which she can, you can get the same adorable shirt at a much better price than in the adult section.

 

We had a preppy shopping day!

 


1 comment:

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~