Treasured Times Stamps sent me two stamps to craft with and I immediately set to work on making cards! I decided to make an easel style card with the Terrye French 'love' stamp. I used:
- white card stock
- K & Company floral die cut and acetate
- Perfect Pearls Mist on the clock die cut
- Tim Holtz Sizzix Alterations weathered clock
- heart eyelets, Crop A Dile and ribbon
- The Paper Studio Doodle Hearts embossing folder
- Distress Ink and Stickles
- Recollections super fine glitter in pink
I cut a piece of card stock 4 and 1/2 inches by 9 inches, and folded it in half. Next, I folded the upper half back on itself at the midway point which was 2 and 1/4 inches by 4 and 1/2 inches- it looked like a letter 'Z' from the side.
I decorated a 4 and 1/2 inch square piece of card stock with woven heart-embossed strips on pink matting. Then I layered the weathered clock die cut which was spritzed with Perfect Pearls Mist. I added the K & Company floral die cut, acetate butterfly and acetate sentiment. Lastly, I placed a fussy cut stamped Terrye French heart inside the clock. I stamped the heart with glue and sprinkled super fine glitter on the image.
If you look closely, you can see that I also added a strip of heart punched paper along the bottom front. I used a Martha Stewart border punch for this piece.
To give
the card edge something to rest against so it stands open, I used my
Crop A Dile to insert two heart shaped eyelets through which I tied
ribbon.
I will share my other card next time so I don't bombard you with photos! College Girl starts a new semester this week and has been getting ready to go back to the school routine - she cleaned out her closet, bought some shoes and spent some Christmas money on a Kate Spade bracelet which was on sale.
I love the positive message inside, don't you?





The work of your hands fascinates and amazes me. When I grow up I'm going to craft some like these. It's so romantic!
ReplyDelete~Kelley
What a total beauty that card is Shawn! I love all the dimension, and layering! All the glittered up details are such a delight!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card. You did an awesome job.
ReplyDeleteSomeone will be lucky to receive this card, nice job on it.
ReplyDeleteHow pretty! Love the heart eyelets. Perfect paper crafting!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely Gorgeous, Shawn!!!
ReplyDeleteI love that Kate Spade bracelet - the inside and out!!!! And your card is so beautiful, Shawn! I love how you showed us how you made it, too. Happy new semester to "College Girl!" What semester is she in now?
ReplyDeleteHuuu..those pancakes sounded yummy!!! I haven't had pancakes in eons, lol..ok, i'll make them this weekend coming! Just beautiful, wish I received that lovely card..great job!! Big hugs,
ReplyDeleteFABBY
beautiful card and great bracelet.
ReplyDeleteYour card is gorgeous Shawn! The bracelet is pretty neat too!
ReplyDelete