Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, January 12, 2015

All Abuzz




I've been playing with the Vintage Bee 
Calm collage sheet from My Artistic Adventures all week. I made a simple card by layering a tea colored doily over kraft card stock, then added two images from the Collage sheet along with some black paper. I added Liquid Pearl drops around the edge of the tag shape and called it done! Not every card has to have half a dozen techniques or layers. 

Vintage Bumble Bee Calm Digital Collage sheet

I was buzzing along having so much fun in my scrap room that I also made a tag...

See the cute bumblebee button? I've been saving this bee ribbon I found at Michael's and it was perfect for these collage sheet projects!

...and then I decorated an envelope to go with the card I made a few days ago. I didn't have enough of the yellow striped paper to line the inside of the envelope, so I wasn't quite sure how I was going to make it coordinate with the card. Then it came to me - what if I ran the envelope flap through the Cuttlebug and embossed it with the honeycomb design? 



I used my oval scallop punch on what little bit of yellow striped paper I had remaining, used a small round punch on a bee image, and voila! Now the envelope flap has the same honeycomb texture as the card.

















I usually don't decorate the envelope other than 
to stamp a coordinating image onto the front upper or lower corner. This adds a bit of panache and also helps me to remember what the card's theme/design is when I have them stored and waiting to be mailed out for the right occasion. 


I had so much fun decorating the flap for this
 Bee Happy card that I think I'm going to 
emboss others!



sharing this post with:

7 comments:

  1. Shawn, what a neat idea to emboss the envelope flap!!! This looks GREAT! Bee-youtiful post, Honeybee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the paper and your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are amazingly talented! I love the theme and how you put it all together! :-)
    Cathy@ three kids and a fish

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented and clever! I love how you embossed the envelope, simply adorable!
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your paper crafting is amazing - I absolutely ADORE the bee themes!!!

    I have a friend named Bea who collects bee stuff and I instantly thought of her.

    Cute cute CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your paper crafting is amazing - I absolutely ADORE the bee themes!!!

    I have a friend named Bea who collects bee stuff and I instantly thought of her.

    Cute cute CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~