Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Year, New Stamps~

My friend Patty sent me the coolest stamps for my birthday this week! I got a chance to play with them today, and I took some pics to share here. First thing, gather supplies and ink up a tag~
I used Distress Ink in Scattered Straw and Worn Lipstick to color a tag. I swiped ink across the nonstick mat, spritzed it with the water in the Mini Mister, and pressed the tag onto the beaded ink.  

Then I got to work on the second blank tag. I chose a stamp from Studio 490, stamped an image and cut it out.Next, I used Distress Faded Jeans (one of my favs!) to shade the stamped tag. I also tinted the lips and used my Bonjour Stamps by Cavallini to finish the image.

Before assembling, I brushed a coat of Distress Rock Candy Crackle Paint onto the pink & yellow tag. It smears ink that is not waterproof, but I liked the effect. After the Crackle Paint dried, I matted both tags with black cardstock.
The last thing I did was add Prima flowers, a gold leaf, pink crystal bling, and a pearl brad. Voila!


3 comments:

  1. Wow! I love picking up inking techniques from you. Those stamps are too cool! Gorgeous tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a great big WOW! LOVE this! thanx for sharing how you inked the bg pieces...love the look! and your display is FAB-U-Lous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~