My friend Heather shared a fun technique on her blog using Crayons and ink! See her artwork here. Isn't it funny how you have done something before but it did not occur to you to do the same process in another situation? What I mean is that I have used crayons to draw on hard boiled eggs at Easter, then dyed them...it just never occured to me to use crayons on my tags or cards, then ink them. I rummaged through my daughter's discarded pencil boxes from school and found some crayons! I gathered my ink, blank card & tag, stamps and adhesive.
After I inked & stamped the tag, I stamped the face image using Wendy Vecchio Studio 490 stamps, and matted it with square-punched cardstock. Next, I drew spirals on the blank white card using Crayola's blue green crayon. I blended Distress Inks over the spirals. Then I assembled and embellished. I love how it came out....and to think I have a box of 63 more colors to try! :)
Wow!! This is really gorgeous!! Crayons and gorgeous??? YES!! I love this!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful and love the design :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteIsn't this fun! Our friend Heather is a doll and so generous. Watch for a project she is doing for a certain Bella Creations group!
ReplyDeleteThis is so cool! I must try it :)
ReplyDelete