This delicate china cup and saucer belonged to my sister's dear mother-in-law. It is white with a soft dove grey band. The edges are lined with silver, and there are elegant fern fronds scattered on the bottom.
I really like the silver edging as a happy change from the typical goldleaf on many cups.
The bottom of the cup has 'Fernwood' and 'Noritake' marked on it~
My sister graciously gave me one of her mother-in-laws teacups that I might think upon her when I used it. So, I thought of Inez today as I sipped my tea and wished we could have shared a cuppa.
I enjoy seeing the fern leaves through the tea and lace on the table~~
I had fresh watermelon and berries, a half sandwhich, and one of my new favorite indulgences~ A Fiber One Brownie which is only 90 calories and has 5 grams of fiber. Can't beat that!
And look who joined me. Isn't she the sweetest? She is having tea too!
I love the detail on her. She is wearing a darling green sweater...wish I could knit something like that. (Honey Bunny "Let's Have Tea")
The Hydrangea blooms from the bush in our yard have air dried nicely.
Love my straw fedora, and it will soon be time to swap it out for something made of tweed or felt wool~
I'd love for you to join me. I have more of everything and there are plates to spare. Alas, you'll have to use another teacup pattern. I only have one Fernwood teacup, just as there was only one Inez. She is remembered~ Which reminds me that we are each unique and precious. Psalm 139:13-14.
I am sharing this teacup post with:
Lady Katherine's Tea Time Tuesday
The Plumed Pen's Tea for Two
A Breath of Fresh Air's
and Silken Purse's
Artful Affirmations Teacup Tuesday
Sweetology's Tea Time Tuesday
Miss Spencer's Teacup Thursday
Shawn what a beautiful post. Your tea cut is lovely as is little bunny. Thanks so much for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI adore the little cup with the ferns.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post! The little cup with ferns looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHope to see you on my blog:)
Oh what a precious teacup and saucer and such a special memory of someone special. Your lunch looks absolutely wonderful. Love that little bunny too. You have definitely created a lovely tablescape. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty
ReplyDeleteIt's so nice that something so simple like a tea-cup can bring to mind a special person that you miss. Nice post. Deb
ReplyDeleteYour delicate tea cup is very special and precious indeed!
ReplyDeleteI love the shape and the way the pretty fern is visible through the tea.
I have some lovely things from my late MIL and to me they are pure treasures simply because of her!
I love your hydrangeas and sweet bunny too :-)
Thanks for linking to LACE today - it's nice to 'meet' you!
blessings..Trish
Hello Shawn,
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for Inez! It is so gracious that you remember her and honor her with that tea time. I am sure she would have loved to join your tea time. The design of the tea cup is very elegant, as Noritake always is. I am happy with the other tea cup if I can join you and have some tea and delicious sweets. The bunny is No. 3 in the party.
Best greetings, Johanna
These are beautiful pieces and the bunny is so cute! I wonder how many tea cups you have ?? :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post! It is sad that careless drivers take from us without realizing how much the impact goes beyond the moment. Inez's tea cup is very beautiful and how thoughtful of your sister to gift one to you. I'm certain Inez is right there with you enjoying that cup of tea. Happy Tea Cup Tuesday!! xo HHL
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful post. Such a sweet way to remember a lovely lady. Thanks for the sweet invitation.
ReplyDeleteJocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/
Good morning Shawn,
ReplyDeleteI love a teacup that we can enjoy a little flower or fern through the tea. I got one this Summer which I will be sharing in a couple of weeks. It's nice to have something to remind us of lovely people who have touched our lives. How thoughtful of your sister! Your lunch looks delicious and I adore that bunny! Thank you for your lovely tea post and sharing scripture too. Always a blessing to have you join me for tea. Enjoy your day.
Blessings,
Sandi
Shawn, beautiful post and lovely memories for you. A very special and lovely tea cup. You have a very thoughtful sister. Love the" hunny" tea bunny! Happy Tea Day!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely and special teacup. No wonder you treasure it! Thanks for your lovely post and for honoring your family with every sip! This is my first visit, and I'm glad to meet you!
ReplyDeleteRuth
Oh Shawn! This is so lovely and to remember Inez is so precious! I just love reading everything that you write. It is so refined and delicate and I can almost picture me there with you. You are a real treasure and I wish you and your lovely writings to continue on this adventure that you are taking us all on!!
ReplyDeleteLove you- Ginger
What a lovely way to honor a dear loved one. Her cup is just beautiful.
ReplyDeleteYour lunch tea looks delicious and the brownie sounds fab. Only 90!
I have the very same little miss bunny in the green sweater! Only she has a friend with her and they form the base of a lamp.
Thank you so much for sharing with us.
hugs,
Terri
How beautiful this post is...and what a wonderful way to remember someone. In my family it is coffee...now I wish I had saved some of those favorite coffee cups from them. Not as sweet and delicate as a tea cup, but it could hold the same meaning for me. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteHow sweet of you to receive a cup of your MIL! It is very pretty! I love the way objects can bring back wonderful memories and thoughts of loved ones!
ReplyDeleteShawn,
ReplyDeleteThat is so pretty and unique! My mother has Noritake china from the 60's and the shape of the cup is just like yours - my mother's pattern is wheat.
Thanks for your sweet comment at my blog...
Deanna
I love ferns!! Our house has a bed of ferns that are gorgeous every spring but by this time of the year they are burned for it is too dry. Your tea cup is lovely! Very nice tea layout!
ReplyDeleteSherry
Nice of you sister to give you the china pieces. Your plates are always beautiful. You'd like eating lunch with me at our Healthy Cafe--great food (though no china), and we could eat outside where there is very nice landscaping! Happy end of August to you too!
ReplyDeleteI missed tea time! I am so sorry to hear about your sisters mother in law! How sad. What a beautiful piece you have to remember her by! I am sure she was right there with you as you sipped your tea! Love the bunny too!
ReplyDeleteMy mother's china was by Noritake...I thought I recognized the maker as soon as I saw your lovely cup and saucer. Such a sweet way to remember the fine lady who owned it.
ReplyDeleteLinda
Hi Shawn: I love the Noritake cup. It is so pretty. What wonderful memories. Have a great weekend. Blessings, Martha
ReplyDeleteHow sweet and so delicate....Christine
ReplyDeleteThis tea cup and saucer is a real treasure. I always enjoy stopping in for a visit.
ReplyDeleteThe cup and saucer are lovely. So sad that your sister lost her mother-n-law to a drunk driver. In these cases nothing ever happens to them, they come out of these accidents in one piece. Hugs...Lu
ReplyDeleteShawn what a sweet post. What a precious teacup. So sad...drunk driver took my grandparents..and my BIL. I am glad that you have this teacup of hers to remember her by. Lunch looks delish..and that is the cutest little bunny. Hugs
ReplyDeleteHeather