Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Happy Haunting Halloween Tea~


It's Halloween! It's Halloween! The moon is full and bright~

Time for best ghoulfriends to gather for an Autumn teatime lunch. The Princess, the Gypsy & the Devil arrived together~


                    and here now is the Witch~

               She leaves her broom at the door~


And we shall see what can't be seen on any other night.


           What's this? She brought her familiar! Oh, the house looks so festive for the party~



Skeletons, Ghost and ghouls, grinning goblins fighting duels, werewolves rising from their tombs, witches on their magic brooms~


The mice are scampering about..watch out for the Witch's cat! It's time for tea~


In masks and gowns we haunt the street~


The table looks splendid~



We are starting off with Rotten Squash Soup with a sprig of Rosemary~


Cassandra tucks in!


         And knock on doors for Trick or Treat~


Would you like an Ostrich Egg sandwich? The Princess likes hers without crusts! What do you think of the table?


Shall we turn the lights off?

Cups stacked and waiting~


Candles aglow~


Tonight we are the King and Queen~


Purple webs? Oh, how spooky!


I wonder what is inside these tins? Luna Moth Eggs? Beetle Parts?


Cassandra asks, "shall I be Mother?" Which can only mean she is ready for tea and dessert. (it is an old British custom to be called 'Mother' when you have the honor of pouring the tea!)


And what a cute teapot! A candy corn witch's boot! Cassandra is pouring Tarantula Tea~


Mmmm...I can smell the Pumpkin Muffins. Even though they have 'BOO' flags don't be alarmed. Calories don't count today!


For Oh Tonight It's Halloween!


Or perhaps you'd like a Ginger Chew? The Mummy said she'd never met Ginger, but heard she was a spicy girl! lol~ Have a sweet tooth?


There is chocolate, Indian Corn, peanut butter and even Dead Men's Thumbs for the Troll...he so loves them.


More tea? There is a whole cauldron of it in the kitchen!


Or perhaps some Love Potion?


Why don't we carve a jack-o-lantern or two? A spider or bat would be nice~


Take out all the 'goop' inside and roast the seeds later.


We cannot wait to see our pumpkin glow!


   Oooh, ahhh...the carved spider gleams bright!


This one wears a silly grin! Let's set them outside next to the scarecrow.




Well, I've had a lovely time. Hope you did too! Thank you for attending. I think we should do this every year. Perhaps we'll have a dance next time. Wouldn't it be fun to wear dresses like this?


~ Don't forget your cape when you leave!


I am off to find my candle snuffer...sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite!







I am sharing this post with ~



57 comments:

  1. This was simply charming! Glad I stopped by. - Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks so festive! Love your spider pumpkin! Great teapot too! After all my treats and tea, I am full. Thank you for the invitation to your party! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ((yaawwwn)) I know it's late, but could I please have another cup of tea?
    ahhhh!
    Thank you :) And while you're busy carving those most charming pumpkins, could you please teach me? I am quite intrigued ;)

    Well, I must be off now. I've had a wonderful time! And there are more parties to attend!
    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved this post with all of your imaginative touches and that teapot!!!That was a hoot! Your table scape is really lovely and so full of goodies...I also loved the dresses..I think that orange one is the best! Maybe next year! Thanks for sharing such a fun time at your party and thanks for stopping by at mine. Hope to see you at the Witches Tea Party at Frosted Petunias at the end of this month! Brightest Blessings! bertie
    www.awildberrywitch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. TOO CUTE, Shawn! My GOODNESS, PIC.....you certainly have gone "all out" for us tonight!!! Your pumpkin cupcakes sound wonderful and I know you and Miss Witch had a "spooktacular" time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's quite the party, so many fun pics. And thank you so much for the calorie-free cupcakes. Oh, if only ALL cupcakes could be calorie free! And yes, i would adore wearing those frocks. It's a good thing I regularly attend faerie balls, where I truly do get to wear such gowns. I'd forgotten about that phrase "Shall I be mother?" Thank you for reminding me of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This party was quite excellent! I loved all the little tins! I collect trinket boxes but with these labels it makes these even better! The teapot is also very very cute!! Thanks for having us over, could I please have some tarantula tea for the road? Blessings and Happy Halloween!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shawn thanks for the awesome party....you ROCK at being a host, had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous party - thanks for all the fun! Cute idea with the water bottles :) Tarantula tea was tasty!

    Glad you came to my carving party!

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful party! Deliciously spooky decor! The pumpkin cakes, yum and the Tarantula tea, delightful!
    Love all the labels you used and that teapot is perfect, I love it!
    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What spooky fun. I had a great time. Happy Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are a naturally gifted storyteller, Shawn! Loved every single photo and line of your Halloween tale :) This was one of the best blog posts I've read ANYWHERE...in a long long time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had such a great time visiting your party. You have such nice things and they really look good in your visuals. Great job! Your goodies were so yummy that it was hard for me to stop. Thank you for sharing it all. Please visit m:
    momentsinaneye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun party, thanks for inviting us all in! Your decorations are awesome, love all the clever ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for inviting me to your lovely party! Your decor, story line, and photos are totally amazing. So creative and clever!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for your invite! I had such a lovely time at your party. The pumpkin cupcakes are so delicious!

    Your decorations were wonderful!!

    Have a lovely Halloween and thanks for stopping by:)

    Kam

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a super fun Halloween party! Thanks for inviting me! :) Your decorations are awesome - and look at all those treats!!!! :) Thanks for popping over to visit with me, as well. :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now that was a party!!!!!!!! Those ginger chews are my faves!!!

    I wish I was eating at your house right now ;)

    Your decor i hauntingly perfect!

    Tarantula tea???? OH MY!!

    And I adore those mice on the stairs!! Wonderful!!

    What a magical visit, thank you soooo much!! Your party is amazing!!!

    ♥ Vanessa {A Fanciful Twist}

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'll have the soup and a muffin! Oh I love the dresses too. So much fun! On your visit to my blog you asked how I took my picture. No tripod. I put the camera on a hay roll, set the self timer and ran to a spot where I hoped the camera was focused. I wasn't real sharp and I cut off my feet but at least I figured out the process. I don't like layouts without people! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! You have such creative projects and a big imagination! Makes me want to trick or treat at your house!

    Glad you stopped by to share your blog with me!

    Suzy Q
    BetterDecoratingBible.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful party you have here ... I could stay for hours and drink quite a few cups of tea :)
    Loved all of your images!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your witchy ensemble is ghoulishly fantastic! Your treats and decor are, too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. An absolutely marvelous party...everything was pumpkin perfect and utterly to die for!!

    I loved your table..so festive and colorful....and thanks so much for the tea!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Shawn this is so much fun! Thanks for the smile.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The soup tastes wonderful and I am so glad that I stopped by! Thank you for having me over. I've had a magical time ;)


    http://castlesandcarriages.blogspot.com/2011/10/welcome-guests-from-fanciful-twist.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous Shawn!! I love all your Halloween decorations..love all the names for your goodies!! That witches tea pot is FABULOUS!! Your guest Mummie....cracks me up...not knowing Ginger...but hearing she was spicy!! What an awesome tea party!! I learned something new (always do when I visit)..about being called "Mother"...that is so cool. Hugs to you and Cassandra...for the fabulous photos. I LOVE the Silly grin pumpkin!! The spider one is fabby too...but I love the silly grin one. He may just have a relative visit my house :-)
    hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for sharing. I felt as I was there for all the festiveness! Everything was so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am so sorry to have missed the tea! What a good thing that you took so many pictures and retold the event so well. Next year I will be sure and save the date...it seems your many guest had an enjoyable time...Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a delightful teapot! I didn't know this about pouring tea...I love these little details about the British way. Loved the party! It looks like a lot of work and fun went into it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful decorations, I really liked the spider web. Happy Halloween and Enjoy the Party!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fabulous post my friend!! That Witches shoe tea pot is adorable!! xo Blessings, HHL

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi there! Sorry I am so late in getting here, my broom was in the shop! TEE HEE! I loved your post! All of the fabby details were superb! Beautiful pictures, I am so glad you invited me ;)

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  33. ooooh i like your halloween decor :)
    Sorry it is taking me so long to get round all the parties,
    why not hop over for a spooky tale at my place :
    http://madame-mels.blogspot.com/2011/10/tale-of-curiosity.html
    the more the merrier :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  35. SPOOKTACULAR HALLOWEEN PARTY! LOVELY DECOR & ENCHANTING PICS...

    Please fly by my party when you can...
    Hauntingly Yours, Lyndy >^..^<

    Princess Diana's Wedding Ring Giveaway & Haunted Halloween Party:
    http://todaysgold.blogspot.com/

    P.S. This ring can be used as a Magickal Dowser...

    ReplyDelete
  36. Too cute! Your cat is adorable. We have two gray kitties. One is a maincoon and the other a manx. Love them to death!

    Very nice party! Thank you for stopping by to see my blog! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  37. this was AMAZING! how fun to read and I am so glad calories do not count here yipppppeeee! that soup looks great and it might have been my mind tricking me but I swear I saw those candles flicker on my computer screen in that photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Just what I needed, a good Halloween cuppa! Thanks for having me to your party! Nice pumpkin carving too!

    ReplyDelete
  39. oh this was so much fun!! love the "familiar!"

    thanks for having me
    Happy Halloween
    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  40. You certainly know how to have a spooktacular tea party. Hope you can stop by my enchanted oven for party sweets.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh my goodness, I had a most wonderful time. I absolutely Adore that WITCHY TEAPOT. I must find one. I will have to visit my local Witches R Us
    And I soooooo love a tea party.
    Please do stop by for a cup or two of Pumpkin TEA at my MAD HALLOWEEN PARTY. We would love to have you for a visit.
    Spells and Wishes
    Wendy from Wonderland
    http://candydelane.typepad.com/curiosities

    ReplyDelete
  42. Boy did you have fun! You sure went all out. I bet your friends are still talking about it.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  43. Loved your magical party--the tea and treats. Happy halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Great Party! Those dresses are gorgeous, Thanks for stopping at my tea!
    http://thevictoriantailor.blogspot.com/2011/10/victorian-halloween-tea.html

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow, I love it!! Such a delightful party. I had awonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Ah Loved this tea party it was wonderful, I adore the tea pot its stunning, Have a bright and Blessed Halloween, Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  47. Incredibly beautiful!!! :)

    Happy Halloween,
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  48. A magical tea party post! I loved it and had such a good time! I agree, calories don't count on Halloween!

    I hope you can fly by for a bit of tea with me!

    http://rinnisplayground.blogspot.com/2011/10/witchy-tea-party.html
    Rinni @ Rinni'sPlayground

    ReplyDelete
  49. I had a simply wondrous time at your party. Very spooky decorations and just plain spooky fun. Love all your photography and every yummy thing you have. Please visit me:
    momentsinaneye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. Charming tea party, and yes that tea pot was festive! Have a nice time with the parties this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  51. What a fun tea party! Everything is so colorful and fanciful.

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  52. What a fun party!!!!! Thanks for the invite and stopping at mine too....please do stop by for a visit again soon♥

    ReplyDelete
  53. Ahhh! I feel so lovey and refreshed after some of you No.9 potion... clever, clever! Wonderful party. Many Blessings! ~EMD

    ReplyDelete
  54. You had such a very sweet and spooky Halloween party! Such fun! I loved your menu!! Thank you so much for visiting The Tearoom and inviting me to visit you! I'm just now catching up with all of my visitors to The Tearoom from last weekend.

    Wishing you a wonderfully spooky Halloween!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~