I have a lovely teapot to share with you today which was given to me by a friend of my father in law. It is the oldest teapot I have, and from the backstamp I have determined this pretty teapot was made around 1948.
It has a bud shaped knob on top~
The teapot has bands of soft yellow with delicate flowers and golden scrolls.
The edges are trimmed in a caramel brown. I did a quick search and found this information;
Noritake Co., Limited, commonly known as "Noritake," grew out of a trading company established in Tokyo and in New York City by the Morimura Brothers in 1876. In 1904, key members of this trading company created the Nippon Toki Kaisha, Ltd. ("the Company that makes Japan's Finest China"), in Japan. Noritake's wares were mostly aimed at the European Market. This forerunner of the modern Noritake Company was founded in the village of Noritake, a small suburb near Nagoya, Japan. After various mergers the company now comes under the umbrella of the Nippon Toki Kaisha, Ltd. Most of the company’s early wares carried one of the various “Nippon” back stamps to indicate its country of origin when exported to Western markets.
It has a graceful handle with a fluted base~
I am steeping up a pot of Grace Rare Tea Winey Keemun to go with a batch of fresh cinnamon applesauce scones...
.....won't you stay and have a cup?
I am sharing this post with~
Artful Affirmations
Rose Chintz Cottage

Amazing teapot! I love the history on it too! Yes I think I will stay here for Tea - thank you for asking :)
ReplyDeleteThis truly is a lovely teapot. My mom has some Noritake, but it never occurred to me that it was a Japanese name, even though it's rather obvious, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteall I now about Noritake is, that they make extra fine china. Your teapot is extra fine, too and I would love to have a cup of tea. And one of the yummy cookies, please.
Best greetings, Johanna
What a lovely pot. I am enjoying picking up bits and pieces of teapot history each week - thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI can just smell those scones!
ReplyDeleteThis is definately sweetness in a pot... I love the Noritake china especially the early pieces... So creative... Thanks for the history lesson too...Hugs
ReplyDeleteWhat a LOVELY teapot, Shawn!!! The graceful lines are so sweet, and I know you must cherish this piece in your collection! HUGS to you!!!
ReplyDeleteGood morning Shawn,
ReplyDeleteThis is definitely 'poetry in a pot of tea'! Such a pretty pot and I enjoyed the history you have shared with it. A lovely piece for your collection. Tea and an applesauce scone sound very nice. Sorry, I'm a wee bit late visiting this week; I've been down with a bug. Thank you for sharing with us and have a delightful day.
Blessings,
Sandi
Shawn, I think you should start an online class called "Teapotology". Always enjoy your posts...but I'd prefer to enjoy your scones irl :)
ReplyDeleteLove the teapot and Noritake!
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend.
Linda
I haven't been visiting for a while due to health issues surrounding my father precisely and I'm slowly getting back to myself so yes, thank you I will stay for a cup of tea, any flavor will do...not too sweet please :) My mom has a set of Noritake which she keeps in her see through kitchen cabinet alongside other teapots and teacups. Yes, Noritake is famous and expensive too :) Love your Noritake Shawn!
ReplyDeleteHello,I'm a sister bloogger on Mrs.Spencer tea blog list.I am now your new follower.I have a whole set of my Grandma's dishes that look so much like your teapot.The pattern name on the back is York ? she had them all her married life.
ReplyDeletewonderful teapot!
ReplyDeleteI love the shape of this teapot!! The top and handle are just beautiful shapes!! I too didn't know that it was Japan either....I even have a Nortiake china pattern (tea roses)..it does seem obvious now :0)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the information!
Hugs
Yummy looking scones...I just bought some sweet potato butter from Harry & David..and plan on making some scones to go with it!
Shawn, that is one beautiful teapot! I hsve researched a couple of tea cups before, very interesting info! The scones look yummy too, sorry I missed them! Guess I will have to have pumpkin bread!! lol
ReplyDeleteYummy post reading for me this morning! I will have a piece of light rye sourdough toast, light a Harvest candle and imagine :) My mom had Noritake china, it was came to her from a bil who was stationed in Japan with the AirForce during the 50s. Your sharing of research prompts the loveliest memories..
ReplyDeleteHow did I miss this post???
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely tea pot! It has such a beautiful and romantic shape, the handle too is wonderful.
Hugs,
Terri
Gorgeous teapot, I love the shape of it! And those cinnamon applesauce scones sound delicious!
ReplyDelete