Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Renewing my Card Stash~


I made a couple of cards last night using a new DCWV  paper stack I bought at JoAnn Fabrics...gotta love the 50% off coupons they offer! The pad is called Tattered Time.

The designs are 'Tim Holtz-ish', with subdued colors, vintage images and grungy effects. With typewriters on the brainI knew this pad was going home with me when I saw it. I had a lucky scrapbooking week because I also found a cool 7 Gypsies 6" x 6" paper pad at Tuesday Morning(below,right)~


I made the first card using 7 Gypsies 'Paddington' paper & 'Victoria' stamps, my Cuttlebug and my Stamps Happen 'Camelot' alphabet.



 I used Stickles on the monogram (B is for Bird) and a bit of Liquid Pearls on the stamped branch. To highlight the embossed areas, I softly rubbed blue ink across the surface.



The bird is mounted on adhesive foam and is wearing a little crown. I used Ranger Black Enamel Accents to make his eye. (see 3rd photo from top) On the next card, I upcycled a small canvas tote and used it to stamp a bicycle! Then I sewed the canvas to the DCWV card stock. I printed out the small journaling frame and put two eyelets in it through which I planned to thread black ribbon. 

  
I also stitched on the lighter green paper, then finished the card by using the Black enamel again for small dots on opposite corners. I like them both, but my favorite is the French themed bike. I think I may make another like it~



7 comments:

  1. Great job on your two latest cards, Shawn! Guess you know which one I like the best....but they're both lovely! BIG HUGS to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are fabulous Shawn, I love them both.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both fab, esp loving the birdie! Gorgeous :)
    Gayle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Birdie Shawn!! Great embossing...love the pp! The bicycle card is fabulous too! Love the stitching..and colors..the canvas..that is the perfect touch with the bicycle! So French!!
    Beautiful cards!!
    hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shawn, both of your cards are lovely!! Love the bird with the crown..so cute! Great job, as always!

    I'm doing a little giveaway on my blog for my followers, so please stop by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are so BEAUTIFUL Shawn!! The bird with the crown is my favorite, what a sweetie!!
    French Cards are always so elegant and classy.

    Love from The Netherlands,
    Leintje*

    ReplyDelete
  7. great cards--love your paper choices and card designs!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~