Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, April 9, 2012

One Man's Trash...


I was busy as a bee this afternoon playing with my Crafty Secrets Book Lovers stamps


 and an empty box....this is what I started with~


You've heard of these Breathe Right strips, haven't you? They are great to wear when you are sleeping with a stuffy nose, which I have had this week because of a cold. Anyway, the box was empty and a little lightbulb went off in my head...I loved how the box opened and had plenty of space inside. Space for tea. Space for chocolate! 


I love to read and so do many of my tea drinking friends...and for good measure, why not add a Ghiradelli bar? So, I painted the box with white acrylic craft paint and let dry. Then I covered all surfaces with Bo Bunny card stock.


Handsome Mr. Sheep...an avid bibliophile... sits propped up against a thick tome by C.S.Lewis. I used white flocking powder on the sheep so he is soft and fuzzy.


All sides have stamping along the edges, and the back has a chipboard oval in which I used 4 of the Book Lovers stamps together, as well as a metal heart brad~


I had just enough room to stamp two standing books on this side~


The top is stamped too. I stamped a small open book and used Glossy Accents to adhere a Tim Holtz fragment over it. The fragment looks like clear glass and magnifies the image~


Do you see what I see? Chocolate!
I even stamped the inner box with small books~



 I really have fun altering small boxes. Remember when I altered  empty chewing gum boxes College Girl regularly provides?






Before you toss that empty box, think about what little treat might fit perfectly inside!



Fun news! This 'Book Lovers' stamped and altered box is being featured on the current Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Blog




Sharing this post with ~

11 comments:

  1. Ooh I have to ask about that Once Upon A Time part of the box... Is that scrapbook paper or a stamp? Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I don't know why more people don't make panoramic sugar eggs. They're so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your box is so cute!
    I love it.... I really like how you added the chocolate, too!
    Thanks for the invitation to come for a visit, I appreciate it very much!
    Hugs,
    Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shawn, I LOVE your box so much - super cute and clever!!!
    It really shows off the Book Lover set. Can I show it on my next post and link here?
    I see you are a tea lover and I would love to talk to you about some amazing designs I have in teapots, silverware, dishes, etc. They are so big and beautiful it seems a shame to shrink them into little stamps and I would love to run some ideas past you. Please call my toll free # or email when you have time. 1-888 597-8898
    Warmly
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful!!!! So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so good at this. (My kitty was playing with the gem on my card!) What kind of adhesive do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shawn...this is amazing! Wow I can't believe all the little stamped images you got on here...and even on the inside! What a creative Idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I have a thing for boxes and you have outdone yourself. How fun, fresh and exciting! Thanks so much for sharing.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my friend...i don't know what to say...your creativity is just over the top!!! i love everything you create...everything is executed perfectly and with so much heart! i am so so sorry that i am late here -- i have been ill and still am with the flu -- so i apologize -- i got the most delightful -- most wonderful surprise in the mail and know that i am enjoying your special cup of tea right now as i finally can hold my head up for a little bit to take a peek at your creations! thank you from the bottom of my heart -- it was just what i needed to make me smile..sending you tons of hugs and tons more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such an amazing and beautiful creation, Shawn! All of your little boxes are so LOVELY! So glad that you were able to use the wonderful stamp set, Book Lovers by Crafty Secrets....they're one of my favorite brands because they're so charming and whimsical. And to think, I've been throwing my BR boxes away.....shame on me!!!!

    Sending a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great! You created a masterpiece from just an ordinary box. Well, maybe not too ordinary. I also love the way it opens. Very creative! Thanks so much for sharing this with Share Your Cup Thursday! I am now following you.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Calling by as another participant in Share your Cup Thursday, what a fabulous creation.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~