Loving these Springtime days~ warm sun with crisp breezes. Makes me want to take a kite to the park! Wasn't it yesterday when we were cleaning up pine needles after taking down the Christmas tree? Yikes..time flies. College Girl registered this week for her sophomore classes in the Fall. I was just getting used to her not being in high school anymore and I am stunned her first year of college is winding down!
I am starting to say stuff my older relatives used to say ('my, how you've grown'~ 'last time I saw you, you were this big'~ 'time just goes so fast!') and hubby is starting to make the 'old guy' sound when he sits down! lol...just kidding, honey. There is nothing like kids to make you feel young, but then they turn right around and make you feel old! haha~
For breakfast today I used a new addition to our growing mug collection. Since College Girl drinks tea also, and prefers big cups, we have a small assortment now. (I made her into the tea 'snob' she is: she only drinks quality loose tea!)
We found this mug by Creative Tops, Ltd. at TJMax. It is sturdy, deep and has the perfect handle~
We love watching hummingbirds drink from our feeder placed next to the kitchen window. They are entertaining...even kitty thinks so. I had egg salad on flax seed English muffins with strawberries on the side.
I never get tired of plump strawberries. I could eat them everyday! The tea I chose was a lovely Keemun from Upton Tea Company.
I enjoyed looking at all the cheerful little owls lined up along the cup rim. They made me smile~ One little teal owl has the flirtiest eyelashes! When I was cleaning up after breakfast, I decided to wash the butter boat. Do you use one of these?
I discovered these on QVC a number of years ago. The first one I had was actually called a 'butter bell' and the butter sat in a bell shape container immersed in water. I liked having fresh butter at room temperature...heaven! The only down side was that the butter was always wet. When I saw this 'boat' style I was thrilled. The butter stays dry in the winged dish: the bottom container holds the water.
Place a stick of butter inside, then set the lid on top. You may leave the butter boat out on the counter and it stays fresh at room temperature. I change the water in the bottom section every other day.
If it is very hot weather outside, I occasionally place the butter boat in the fridge overnight. I have used this butter boat for years now and really enjoy not tearing up my toast...or scones!... in the mornings. It works great.
sharing this post with~
Marthas Favorites
Artful Affirmations
Antiques And Teacups
Rose Chintz Cottage
Delightsome Life
Simply Sweet





Well, I just love daughter's owl mug.
ReplyDeleteThe butter boat is new to me. Very interesting though. I'll have to see what I can find on line
about it.
I love Owls to, So cute that the owls are all lined up inside the mug!!
ReplyDeleteLove from The Netherlands,
Leintje*
I think this little owl cup is just so cute! And thank you for now giving me permission to have a cup of tea from a small mug if the handle is shaped right! :) I have never heard of a butter boat before. hmmmm.
ReplyDeleteYou also asked me about what the prize is....it is nice bathroom related items...that will be personalized for you! Hugs!
I adore your owl cup..so cute! Your breakfast looks delicious. What a wonderful way to spend your morning :) Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful week.
ReplyDeleteLisa
~hugs~
The owl cup is adorable! I've never heard of a butter boat but I sure could use one. I'll have to be on the lookout. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteLovely reflections about living life and watching the young people grow. I too look at those gorgeous young men and women and think I wish I could tell them how beautiful they are and have them know it inside.
ReplyDeleteBe very proud of your Daughter. And don't forget she is a reflection of all the best parts of you.
Love your owl mug! How cute! And that looks close to what I had for lunch yesterday...minus the strawberries. They're on my "allergic to" list. I got rid of the word verification about 2 months ago...it drives ME crazy! Another of the Google changes I didn't like! I was glad that was fixable! Thanks for sharing & linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
ReplyDeleteRuth
Hi Shawn! adorable tea cup.
ReplyDeleteWow, Shawn. I didn't realize that I had missed a few of your postings. It was good to catch up! I love the old typewriters. I have one myself that is still at my mothers. I think I'm going to get it from her the next time I visit. I remember the old typewriting classes!! COL...(chuckle out loud.)
ReplyDeleteI checked out your beautiful cards! You are really creative with this!! STUNNING!
Your tea mug is delightful! I love the little owls and the one with the flirty eyes is just adorable. Its good to know that your College Girl has great taste for tea. Your breakfast looks very yummy. Nice and healthy!! Your butter boat is terrific!! To tell you the truth, I didn't know there was such a thing...I have seen the butter plates, but I do like the idea behind the butter boat. I'll have to find me one.
I had a lovely visit.
Brenda
Hi Shawn,
ReplyDeleteSo happy to have you join me for tea this week! Your owl mug is very cute. You know, I have never heard of a butter boat before. How interesting and it certainly would come in handy around here! Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Sandi
Many of us are reaching the age where we are starting to sound and think "old" Lol! Kids are so fun to be around, but they do make one realize the passage of time.
ReplyDeleteYour new owl mug is so cute! I think the image of the tea coming just under the row of owls inside the cup is so darling. How could one not smile at that!
I love the butter dish...never knew how to keep butter room temp and not "off" tasting. Thanks so much for informing us all!
Hugs,
Terri
Hello Shawn,
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing this lovely post at Simply Sweet!
Your owl mug is so pretty and cheerful.I have a sister who collect owls and I'm sure she'd love it too :-)
The butter dish is really wonderful!
I much prefer butter to margarine, but it can be frustrating to have to soften it up before spreading on bread or cakes etc.
This is a great solution and looks so nice too!
Have a blessed day...Trish
My Montana friend would LOVE the owl cup. It's so bright and cheery! Your food pix are so inviting and always make me hungry.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend.
Linda
A sweet cup to start the morning with ..Makes me smile.. and all that yummy food is
ReplyDeletemaking my tummy growl... I prefer butter on my muffins and toast ...Thanks for the butter boat tip... Hugs
LOVE THAT OWL MUG!! love your posts too! always full of info and awesomeness! :)
ReplyDeleteLove your owl teacup! So sweet - I do have a butter bell - not shaped like that - love it!
ReplyDeleteI appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
Kathy