Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sending You Tea~


My thoughtful friend, Cindy, sent me an email letting me know about a cute creation posted on Cosmo Cricket's Facebook page. It was a teabag card! The minute I saw it I stopped what I was doing and started rummaging through paper scraps. Cosmo Cricket offers a template but I made my own version using measurements from two teabags. I had so much fun making the first one that I decided to make a second card and shoot a tutorial to share!


You will need~
  • cardstock for the card, additional decorative paper optional
  • glue
  • string or ribbon to close
  • circle punch
  • something to decorate the front
  • 2 teabags
I also used Verve Stamps, Distress ink, flowers, chipboard, Crop A Dile, adhesive paper tape, paint, printed Eiffel Tower image from Graphics Fairy, scallop edge scissors.


One piece of cardstock 6 & 1/2" wide x 5 & 3/4" high. I used Pink Paislee 

Fold bottom up 1 & 3/4" to form pocket. Then, 3/4" from outside edge, punch a shallow half-circle. Ink edges. Now is the time to adhere horizontal ribbon, if desired, across the back & above the pocket
 
Cut two pieces of cardstock 4"x 1"(save one for outside spine). Cut two pieces of decorative paper 2 & 3/4" x 3 & 3/4", ink edges and glue to inside back. Fold card in half, open, then glue narrow strip to interior center, overlapping it's edges on the decorative paper you just adhered.
                                  
I used adhesive paper tape along the folded bottom for reinforcement.(the tape was 1/2" wide, so 1/4" will be seen on the outside and inside bottom edges) The Tim Holtz  tissue paper tape would also work nicely. I tried just folding the bottom, and scoring then folding the bottom, but even using cardstock the crease was weak.

Remember~If you want to use ribbon and not have it show on the inside, place the ribbon horizontally above the notched edge and adhere the decorative paper and center spine over it, letting it extend beyond the card edges long enough to tie. You can also attach the ribbon/string on the outside, use another closure or go without! I used 2 different methods~


I used scallop edge scissors on the top, inked all edges, used glue dots to secure notched flap in place along sides and center..leave pocket open for teabags! See the paper tape along the bottom?

Here are the teabags nestled in their pockets...now to finish the front~ I did some stamping.

just for you


I used my Crop A Dile to set heart-shaped eyelets
 
I glued the second 4"x 1" piece to the outer spine



 Here is the first teabag card I made with graphic 45. This one ties with green ribbon. I also used a small printed image of the Eiffel Tower on the front, and edged the print with a tiny bit of pink Adirondack paint dabber called 'Rose'. 


This little card has a chipboard teapot covered in decorative paper, stamping, inking, punched corner pieces, a paper rose and a Studio K epoxy sticker.
 
                         
Sharing this post with How Sweet the Sound Pink Saturday

16 comments:

  1. My comment on your cards was on this post.They are lovely.I'm going to look up the children's tea.Thanks again-Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, this is cute!! I am going to make one to!! FUN FUN FUN!!

    Lots of love from The Netherlands,
    Leintje*

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy cow!! how wonderful! :) love it! you do fabulous work. :) have a great weekend. ~hl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You! I was just talking to my Women's Ministry team and we wanted to make invitaions similar to this for our Ladies Spring Tea! Now I know what to do! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an amazing project!! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is amazingly creative, Shawn! And the possibilities are endless. I think of my friends in Hereford, England and how surprised they'd be to get a card like that from me! :-) Thank you so much for stopping in at Cranberry Morning. So nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful, Shawn...I'm so totally impressed! I have never tried any scrapbooking type of crafts, so it was a great explanation on how you did each step. Amazing!

    A looooong time ago, I ordered some cards that had a slit in them, right in the middle of the picture of a teacup. I used up every single one of those for my friends...all the quilting & smocking buddies drink tea.
    YOUR card is sooooo much more beautiful than those cards!!
    TFS
    R.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fun and creative card...I love that you made a slot for tea...so cute...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! I love your creative style! I had never seen anything like this before. Siitn with a friend and having tea together is a ceremony we need to do more often! Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  10. that looks so pretty.

    My Pink, you might want to link up with my Color Connection meme as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are so adorable. It makes me want a cup of tea.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is so adorable! What a great idea. Thanks so much for sharing the tutorial - I will definitely have to try this one! Happy Pink Saturday. ~Marti

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun, I have never seen one made like this before! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I DID GET THE FIRST TEA CARD!!! I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!! I just love these!! Oh, how I wish I had time to try this myself. These are just great and so very adorable and useful! Anyone would be glad to get one. I know I was!!!
    BEAR HUGS TO YOU!!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lesley @ Harmony Road Studio sent me over to check out your Tea Card Tutorial.
    A Beautiful Tea Card! And Thank You For Sharing! Hugs,Tee

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~