Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Earliest Spring In A Century~

Spring has arrived! The start of the Vernal Equinox will arrive today (March 20) at 05:14 Universal Time, or 1:14 a.m. EDT. Even more intriguing is that for those in the Mountain and Pacific Time zones, the equinox actually arrived Monday night (March 19).  If you'd like to read about what the equinox entails, click on the link. It is fascinating! Spring 2012 is early...it hasn't been this early since 1896~


To start the day off right, I decided to have breakfast on the patio~ And what better cup to drink my tea from than Brambly Hedge 'Spring'?


Wilfred is pictured here using his pea shooter...mischievious mouse! The artwork on this Royal Doulton set is by Jill Barklem.

  
Spring has a pale yellow border with pastel colored flowers~


I can easily slip one or two fingers into the sweetly curved handle~


A wreath of branches and leaves encircles the central image, and the plate has a lovely scrolled edge in white~

There is a cake at the top because it is Wilfred's birthday today! He doesn't know it yet, but the mice of Brambly Hedge are planning a surprise picnic for him. Mrs. Crustybread is preparing a big pink cake for the occasion~


A tiny Madame Alexander doll keeps me company on this sunny morning~ She wears a straw hat to shade her eyes...See the pawprints on her dress and the teddy in her pocket?


On the menu today is grapefruit and a whole grain bagel, sans cream cheese~


I walked two miles before breakfast, then had some almonds. As I sat down to my toasted bagel I could hear the sounds of children playing from the nearby elementary school. I really like that sound! Laughter, squeals, a friendly shout, and then the bell rings and all goes quiet as the children head back to class~ I am left listening to the twitter of birds.


Happy first day of Spring!


 As a reminder, I am having a teatime giveaway~ To enter, visit my Milk Or No Milk? post and leave a comment. Do you take milk and/or sugar in your tea? See the 'Keep Calm and Have A Cup Of Tea' box above? It is up for grabs!


I just learned that my Valentine shortbread Teabag cookies are a finalist in a home-made craft contest at Sweet Leaf Tea! I'd love if you would vote for my cookies before March 27!! Here is the link~ I could win $100. Thanks so much :)





sharing this post with~

14 comments:

  1. What a cute post. The tea-cup is SO pretty. I just love it. I'm so attracted to dishes with scenes on them and this one is lovely. The little doll is cute. You just reminded me to go out and buy some grapefruit. It is a great way to start the morning. I walk more now too as the weather gets warmer and look forward to getting back into shape. Thanks for dropping by. I'll be following your blog now. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm all things Beatrix Potter just now as we enter Spring 2012 - but your Brambley Hedge is enchanting and makes for some stunning china! Lady Alexander is a sweet companion for such a whimsical teatime, too! Sounds like the most restful of mornings to welcome the season! Bless you!

    Oh - came upon a new friend for the flower fairy you sent last year! Another artist friend of mine is making some and they are so sweet! Thinking about trying my hand at a design of my own - you betcha - more faerie tea parties to come this year - under mushrooms and in the midst of wildflowers . . .

    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, we're celebrating an early Spring!
    And what a special tea cup you used for celebration! I had never seen one like it, beautifully made specifically for Spring...
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your teacup and saucer! So adorable! I am voting for your cute cookies on Facebook! Thanks for explaining the eqinox!
    Have a joyful spring!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Brambly Hedge...my favorite! The books and the china are so CUTE! Looks like what I am eating. My milk allergy has kicked up really badly and the antihistamines aren't working so I am back on a milk free diet. Bagles & vegan butter, grapefruit, tea and anything else I can find that has no milk. Even baking my own bread!
    Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cup and saucer are adorable! I really need to build my collection!
    I love the description of your morning tea, it makes me long for the deck we have in the idea stage right now. I'm sure the sounds of children's laughter is a wonderful way to start your day.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your teacup collection and this one you just shared is gorgeous! I love how you describe your morning tea, now that it's spring you will enjoy al fresco breakfast with tea and beautiful china. Thank you for your lovely visit. I so appreciate it.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shawn, your tea cup is so sweet! A perfect cup for Springtime! I made soda bread on the weekend using your recipe and it turned out really well! Hubby loved it! Thank you so much for sharing and joining me for tea. Happy Spring!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love Brambly Hedge! Springtime is a gorgeous cup, and so whimsical!
    Your breakfast tea looks yummy. I had a delicious grapefruit today as well. Haven't had one in ages!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful pattern that is on your tea set. I had thoughts of Beatrice Potter's wonderful stories and illustrations. I take milk in tea and coffee. It is so hot otherwise. I wish d a wonderful spring day! Zinnia

    ReplyDelete
  11. how absolutely gorgeous! i feel as though i just shared in the experience! thank you for serving me a lovely cup of tea this morning! sending hugs across the pond!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, your post is simply great for Spring! I love your cup and saucer. Such beautiful art! Your little doll is simply precious and her little Teddy fits snugly in her pocket. You know, I did notice your tin right off. I love that it said "keep calm"...I thought, that's great advice. I think I will enter for the giveaway. And I will be sure to vote for your cookies. Beautiful post today. It makes me smile!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is lovely! the pics and the text and the beautiful tea set and the arrival of spring! I am a bit jealous, seeing that we are going into autumn now. but enjoy it!
    lots of love
    jutta

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous photos!!! I love that plate, the little doll, and keep calm and drink tea! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~