I think my set of four note cards would be called So Many Teas, so Little Time~
Which to sample first?
To market, to market...
Shall I be 'Mother'?
One for me and one for a friend~
Have you tried loose tea? Do you only buy teabags because you do not have the experience or equipment to drink loose tea? You are missing out on a wonderful teatime! How does powdered orange drink compare to fresh squeezed juice? What do you think of freeze dried coffee compared to fresh roasted and ground? How about instant Cup O' Noodles versus mom's home made chicken noodle soup? All you need is some type of reusable or disposable filter, strainer or infuser, a timer and some loose tea!
I guarantee it is easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Put tea into the infuser, place in pot or cup
- Pour 'just brought to the boil' water over the tea*
- Steep tea for 3-5 minutes (package directions)
*If you are drinking green or oolong tea, water needs to be a bit cooler. If you use a roiling boil for black teas, the water will be de-oxygenized and flat .
What are some of your favorite note card themes? Off the top of my head, I'd love note cards with gardens, front doors, fences, bird houses, staircases, cloches, baked goods, knitting, bicycles, gates, candles, stepping stones, rivers, trees, purses, fountains...gee, there are probably dozens of wonderful subjects!
Sharing this post with:
A Haven for Vee

Yes yes yes! We love our tea, oolong being a favorite and gunpowder tea must be a staple!! I'd use any or all as notecards...
ReplyDeleteSandi and Batgirl
I got my first tes set when I was three and have been "playing mother" ever since ...nice name for a blog don't you think?
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful, Shawn! I couldn't wait to pass my tea set down to Katie and Anne!!!!!
ReplyDeleteFun pics, great theme:@)
ReplyDeleteYes, we love tea here. We are not connoisseurs, though, because when we want tea, we'll take it any way it comes. (We have both loose leaf and tea bags.) My daughter-in-law would love a set of note cards like these. Great theme! Thank you for playing along.
ReplyDeletehi there. i love tea. chai ... just yummy. i love your photos. not sure which to pick ... all so lovely. would be great for today ... chilly this morning. in the 50's. i love how so many are picking different photos from their blog for the note card link up party. so cool. happy to find you. take care. (:
ReplyDeleteNice to have a theme to your cards! Lovely pics and yes I like the process of making tea from tea leaves... I see PG tips on the shelves... a favorite of mine. Enjoyed visiting your blog!
ReplyDeleteYour photos of tea would make lovely note cards, I especially like the one with the teapot brewing tea. I am a tea drinker, and usually use tea bags, thank you for the info. on brewing loose tea, and will now get my infuser out of the drawer. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteSue
I love this theme. I actually do think that they would make wonderful note cards, and I'm imagining them as part of a tea themed gift basket. How neat would that be?
ReplyDeleteLovely photos! all those tea! ohh heaven! i do love having loose tea sometimes but most of the times i use tea bags as i do tend to move around and do other things so it's quick and easy, I love note cards too, i'd probably love a note card with bunting or cushions or household items pictured on it.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely weekend.
Susan
Oh we enjoyed our tour here to be sure!
ReplyDeleteA great photo collection. I noticed in the market picture you've got the Yorkshire Gold tea on display. One of our favourites!!!
So glad to have 'met' you... we'll come again soon for tea!
Your captions make your photos doubly enjoyable!
ReplyDeleteHello! I've just found your blog and I'm enjoying it!
ReplyDeleteI love that you've chosen a tea theme for your note cards!! These are such neat pictures. I think my favorite is "Shall I be Mother?"
ReplyDeleteI so appreciate your replying to my question about your Irish doll. She really is exquisite -- a real treasure. Thank you for commenting on my "Fences" post, and I hope you have a great weekend! :)
Denise
Ooo, I will think about the note cards sentiments, I will coming back on that later on. I love the photo's and the sentiments you showed. I normally don't do loose tea, but now I totally love this!!
ReplyDeleteLove from The Netherlands,
Leintje*