Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sunshine, Bunnies & Bees~


We had a couple days of much needed rain and I especially enjoyed listening to the downpour while tucked beneath the covers...I love to hear rain on the rooftop~ This morning we awoke to sunshine and clear skies. Out on the back lawn enjoying the warmth were a couple of the wild desert cottontails. We leave a carrot or two out there for them from time to time.


College Girl made the bunny jumping into the pot (above) a few years ago. I get it out every Spring and it makes me smile...that fluffy bunny bottom is so cute! And it is easy to make. You need:
  • small pot
  • large puff ball
  • small puff ball
  • Easter 'grass'
  • pink and white Fun Foam for feet
                                     

Place green styrofoam or tissue paper ball into the pot bottom. Glue grass upright along inside-back edge. Glue small puff ball to large puff ball. Glue large puff ball into pot. Cut feet and toes from foam and adhere to large puff ball. It looks like a white bunny is making a quick getaway into Farmer McGregor's pot! This is a fun and easy craft if you have children attending an Easter brunch. You could even have markers available for them to decorate the pots.


I had a bunny on my teapot today too~ There is no makers mark, so I don't know the manufacturer.


Le Lapin

He looks like he is chasing the blue butterfly...not too far fetched, either! We watched one of our visiting bunnies chase a bird around our lawn.


         The teapot handle is a yellow blossom~


I admit...I bought this tea just for the box!

I made multigrain pancakes today. As time has gone by, I find I prefer healthier~heartier grains as opposed to fluffy white-flour 'buttermilk' style flapjacks. I like the nuttiness and wholesomeness of added flax seed, buckwheat or oats.

my fleur de lis napkin ring adds a bit of panache

I added chopped pecans to the batter before cooking..yum! I also stewed some frozen cranberries in orange juice and grilled a veggie sausage patty.

I enjoyed a pot of Harney & Son's Earl Grey Supreme

The cheery bone china cup I used is by Crown Trent. I love the gardening theme on it. My favorite thing pictured is...


the bee skep!

A little information about skeps;

Before the 1800`s, most bee hives in North America
and Europe were simple shelters for the bees.
Bee Skeps were common types of hives in this period.
Bees attached their wax combs to the hive`s roof and walls,
just like they do in wild hives. Skeps were made from coiled
 grass straw (wheat or sometime rye),
and often had sticks inside to provide support for the honey combs.

nothing like hot tea and real maple syrup~


sharing this post with~

14 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! Your morning tea setting is lovely. The bee mug is fab! I love bee's and honey very much. I agree with you about wanting more wholesome food as one gets older.
    Thanks so much for sharing your tea with us.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post...I laughed at your bunny in the flower pot! How cute is that! I love multigrain pancakes. That reminds me it's time I made some! Love your bunny teapot too.
    Cheers!
    R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very funny idea with the rabbit sticks his nose in a jar. Which lucky rabbits found to nice people. Soot teapot! Like the knob is in the form of a flower. And that the spout is mouth flower as decoration. I wish you a wonderful day! Zinnia

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little bunny is about the cutest ever...too sweet! I always have to head to the kitchen after seeing your delicious recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning,
    Everything looks so lovely and I adore your bunny in the flower pot...so cute! I really love your bunny teapot and your pancakes look delicious. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful day!

    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'm coming to your house for breakfast! Yum ......Your daughter made a very cute and adorable Easter decoration. I love your teapot. How sweet that you give the rabbits treats.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good afternoon! Too bad I missed breakfast this morning! ;) It looks and sounds delicious! I happened to see a comment you left on someone's blog and recognized your name from scrapbook.com. I used to go there often a few years ago. Happy to have found you and I am now following you so I can see what you are up to these days! Have a great day! ~hl

    ReplyDelete
  8. I especially like your blog today! I love bees and my friend in MT is just starting her bee adventure. It will be fun to see how she does with them.
    The teapot is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I'm Ann. Just wanted to say thanks for stopping over at my blog "Christ in the Clouds" and leaving me a comment! I love your post, especially the info. about the bee skeps. I've seen them before and have thought about buying one for my own garden, just because I think they are cute-looking. (I'm not big on raising bees, though. I'm a little afraid of them, after getting chased by a big bumble bee several years ago. REALLY!!! He chased me around the yard!!!) Anyways, blessing to you today. I'll also be following your cute blog!

    In His Lo♥e, Ann ✞

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahhh também quero uma caixa de chá igual!!!

    lindo Bule
    e amei o coelho dentro do vaso!

    agradecer a sua visita
    volte sempre
    abraços!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG the bunny buns in the pot is adorable! Your daughter did a cool thing there! Too cute!
    Your breakfast looks and sounds yummy!
    Your teapot and tea cup are wonderful!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful post!Thank you for the info. you gave Me about the children's tea. I had never heard of it before.Love your cards

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't any of that information about bee skeps! I just thought they were decorative objects, modeled after bee hives!

    Your pretty cup would go well with my garden themed dishes & your teapot is darling. It reminded me that I've got to get down my Easter Bunny teapot...I had forgotten all about it.

    I'm your newest follower...you have a beautiful blog!
    fondly,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  14. This post is Yummy! I LOVE the bunny teapot! I can never pass up ANYTHING with a bunny on it! Your little critters outside are so lucky to have someone "SUPPLYING CARROTS?",hehe...I do the SAME THING!!!
    Thank you for all the sensations of spring and a delicious breakfast too...
    Happy Easter to you and yours,
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~