We are redecorating our daughter's room. It has been the same since she was in elementary school, and she was ready for a change. My husband painted an accent color on one wall. It is a Behr paint called Invitation To A Princess.
We also hung pewter colored pinch-pleat drapes. Our daughter~ I'll call her 'College Girl'~ chose a color scheme of black and white with raspberry and pewter accents. We are in the process of putting up a couple of framed posters, and changing some other details in the room. One quick project I did over the weekend was to punch holes in the lampshade, then weave a black ribbon through the holes.
I punched holes 2" from the bottom edge, in pairs.
Using black ribbon and starting at the front of the lamp, I wove the strand in and out of the holes until I got back to the front~
When I completed weaving the ribbon through the holes, I cut off the excess and used a glue gun to attach a matching bow. Voila!
It turned out cute. I am on a mission to get College Girl's bedroom and bathroom organized and efficient, as she tends to be messy. I figure anything that simplifies putting things away...makes it quick and easy to stow and retrieve...will encourage her to be tidier! I bought a pretty hanging shoe organizer for her closet; but it is not for shoes. It is black and white with raspberry trim and is made with pockets like this one, below.
However, she stores tights, scarves, belts and undergarments in hers. It is working out nicely and has made more room in her dresser drawers. Now I need to find boot boxes for her to store her winter boots in: she has clear shoe boxes for her other shoes, but her boots are strewn on the closet floor. The other thing we are on the hunt for is a comfy upholstered chair in which she can read and study. She just took her first exam of the semester and got 98%! Woohooo :)
sharing this post with~
Uncommonly Yours
cozy home scenes
Brambleberry Cottage


Well, this lampshade thing is great! I wanted to buy every lamp at Hobby Lobby last week - love all the artsy shades - just no place to put new lamps! Or budget to buy them. Here's an idea, though, that is worth my Pinterest board! Pinning away!!!
ReplyDeleteJoy!
Kathy
Sounds like a pretty color scheme! Good luck with the organization! I LOVE your lamp shade, very clever!
ReplyDeleteHugs!
You did such a great job on the shade. The dotted ribbon was a wonderful accent. Can't wait to see the reveal of the whole room.
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday again this week.
Blessings,
Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage
What a pretty lampshade you made for your daughter! I love that idea. It's so nice to give a room a new look; we did that when our son went off to college, and he really liked it when he came home and saw his "new room." Congrats on your daughter's excellent exam score.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your visit and for your kind comments. Have a great week!
Denise
I love embellishing lampshades too. It's an easy way to take a cheap lampshade and turn it into something really special and unique. You sure did that with yours. The ribbon and bow are very sweet! From the sneak peeks, your daughter will have a very cute girlie (but not too girlie) room when you are done. Thanks for coming to my party this week!
ReplyDeletepicture perfect in every way!!!! : ) (hugs)
ReplyDeleteAwwwwww shawn! I bet the room looks amazing! I think decorating is a bit like scrapbooking only on a larger scale! I love how you embellished the lampshade! And congrats to you daughter getting a 98% on her first exam! WOOHOO!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou have so many clever ideas! I truly love the ribbon in the lamp!!! That is so smart!! It is always fun to redecorate a room. And WOW your daughter is so smart to, great job 98% Congrats to her and ofcourse also for the family, this is great!!
ReplyDeleteLove from The Netherlands,
Leintje*
What a pretty lamp shade you decorated for your daughter. Love the ribbon. Using a shoe bag for storage is a great idea. I have a pink floral one I'm going to use like you are. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteNancy
Kudos to Miss R on her awesome grade! Woo-HOO!!! love the lamp shade.....it will be beautiful with the raspberry...and SO feminine!
ReplyDeleteI bet College Girl is so excited about her new room look. Love the color and the lamp shade is so cute....Christine
ReplyDeleteCollage Girl is off to a fabulous start!! I love the colors she chose for her room (could be that my room color is a raspberry)..I love what you did with the lamp!! Pass on congrats on the 98%
ReplyDeleteYummy color and oh, I love the lampshade....a great idea.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a good weekend.
Linda
Colors sound amazing and the lamp shade is adorable! thank you for sharing at Uncommon this week!
ReplyDeleteBonnie :)
Adorable lampshade...must try it. T/C, gerri
ReplyDeleteWhat did you use to punch the holes?
ReplyDelete