There are so many cute ideas for Valentine's Day out there in blogs this week! At Claire's blog you can find an svg/cut file for a lace heart~
Want to learn how to use sealing wax? Patty has a quick tutorial
to show you how to make pretty designs in colorful wax. It would be an elegant vintage touch to a scrapbook page, Valentine or envelope.
How about sharing tea with your sweet heart or best girlfriend? Harney & Sons has a festive tea you might enjoy~ According to their website:
Our Valentine's Tea blend is a romantic brew joining chocolate tea and rosebuds. In a red tin with our distinctive Valentine's Blend label, this tea is a perfect gift for that special someone.
Here's a list of all the ways to enjoy our Blend:
| Product: | Price: | Brews: |
|---|---|---|
| 4oz. Loose Tea | $7.00 | 30-40 cups |
| 16oz. Loose Tea | $20.50 | 150-160 cups |
| 50 Sachet Bag | $20.00 | 12oz. cup |
| 5 Sachet Tagalong | $3.75 | 12oz. cup |
A fun way to get in the spirit of things is a Valentine manicure! A dear friend of mine sent me three shades of pink nail polish and I applied a couple of coats last night of the yummiest raspberry color to my nails, very much like the top color sample below...so girly girl. Sephora has a variety of brands and colors, and YouTube has lots of tutorials on nail art. Little girls and teens would get a kick out of the water marble technique!
doudouscrap is offering an adorable free digi stamp. Wouldn't this be cute on a note tucked into a Valentine lunchbag?
I'm off to make shortbread. I cannot wait to show you what I do with it. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY~
![https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjFd4EsprDov2Mfs-eG-e0uNTfMRlWjvyufOpYoyM99wfJ9_euVVsIBi1MJvC7Mmn1Rzg1XSd1p_4btslEAZV8tf2d2XTmVnGq5375EEtXxrf5bFHSFW2K_O6SV4gvXiyoE7vUqd3xwL1ho/s1600/old+valentines+subway+art[7].jpg https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjFd4EsprDov2Mfs-eG-e0uNTfMRlWjvyufOpYoyM99wfJ9_euVVsIBi1MJvC7Mmn1Rzg1XSd1p_4btslEAZV8tf2d2XTmVnGq5375EEtXxrf5bFHSFW2K_O6SV4gvXiyoE7vUqd3xwL1ho/s1600/old+valentines+subway+art[7].jpg](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjFd4EsprDov2Mfs-eG-e0uNTfMRlWjvyufOpYoyM99wfJ9_euVVsIBi1MJvC7Mmn1Rzg1XSd1p_4btslEAZV8tf2d2XTmVnGq5375EEtXxrf5bFHSFW2K_O6SV4gvXiyoE7vUqd3xwL1ho/s320/old+valentines+subway+art%5B7%5D.jpg)





Thanks for the link, Shawn! Come on over and leave a comment for a chance to win my FIRST ANNIVERSARY GIVEAWAY!
ReplyDeleteHappy Valentine's Day!
Patty
Hey Shawn! thanks for the Valentine's inspiration! Can't wait to see what you do with that shortbread!
ReplyDeletewishing you a slightly belated Valentine's Day!!! sending tons of hugs and thanks for being inspiring! (hugs)
ReplyDeleteOh thank you so much for the shout out!! Much appreciated!!!
ReplyDeleteWOW! A lace heart, with color wax (great idea), delightful tea and a wonderful manicure! LOVE IT!! And the sweet little drawing is soooo adorable!! It just makes you smile! I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day and I can't wait to see your shortbread.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
Brenda
Mmmm - love the sealing wax! I have some but they don't work well - I wonder if brands make a difference. Lots of fun ideas here - and right on the tails of my FIRST visit ever to a Hobby Lobby yesterday - just opened up in town. My jaw is still dropped to the floor in amazement and I'm a mess of irritability because there are just too many things I want to make and not enough time - or money - to make them!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you're back in gear with blogger!
Joy!
Kathy
Shawn! This is such a great idea for your blog! I LOVE Patty's tutorial on sealing wax! I am finally up and running again! I have been out of pocket for 6 weeks due to a slab leak. Of course insurance will not pay a thing so it was all on us! I now have 2 new bathrooms and new carpet throughout my home! It took me 3 days to just put all my stuff back into my home. Thank you so much for your comment on my calendar!! It was greatly appreciated.
ReplyDeletexoxo Ginger
can't wait to see what you made with the shortbread..
ReplyDeleteThanks for the lovely pink and red post, Shawn! Hope you had a Happy Valentine's Day (and I'm waiting for the shortbread too :)
ReplyDeleteYou are so clever. Love your Valentine post. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha
ReplyDeleteIt is always so much fun on your blog! Thanks for all the great links!!
ReplyDeleteLove from The Netherlands,
Leintje*
Happy belated Valentine's Day, Shawn! I love all of your wonderful V-Day celebration ideas. It is one of my most FAV holidays - very romantic!!!!! I also want to thank you so much for your prayers for my mom! She is home recuperating now!
ReplyDelete