Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, May 6, 2012

A short hiatus~



Well, I am back! After trying to post photos last week and learning I had used up my free 1 gb of space on Blogger's Picasa, I finally installed Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 on my pc. College Girl has been nagging me to do this, yet I blissfully put off downloading it because I knew there would be a learning curve involved. However, the day had come to either pay up ...for more Picasa space... or stop procrastinating! I installed PS Elements and now know how to resize my photos. If photos are under 2048 x 2048 when I post them, there is no additional cost and they do not count against my gb total. Yeah!

I made this layout as a surprise for a friend. She and I have been computer pen pals for about 10 years. Her son just graduated from college and she shared some photos with me online. They were so good I just had to scrap one! lol~ I am going to mail this to her this week~


 On this page I first used Lindys Stamp Gang 'Starburst' as a mist, then used blue Making Memories paint (on the edge of a ruler!) in the upper left and lower right corners. Other products use are:
  • Tim Holtz Idea-ology ornate frame & film strip
  • wood alpha tile
  • Websters, DCWV, Tim Holtz and Bazzill paper
  • vintage book page
I entered this page in two challenges over at Scrapbook.com, where I also have a gallery of my work. I can't wait for my friend to see it :)

  A special friend gave me a Cuttlebug for Christmas (oh, she spoils me!) and I love creating with it. I just bought a Spellbinders  set and a QuicKutz embossing folder, and I made this card tonight~


I used a little bit of Stickles on the balloon, too. Now I am off to have a cup of chamomile before bed. Did you know that besides being a relaxing thing to drink, chamomile is also great for a gassy tummy? It is an herb, so it is not  really a tea but tisane. Chamomile has no caffeine either.






sharing this post with:
It's Overflowing 


6 comments:

  1. I love PSE and I'm sure you will too! What a wonderful graduation scrappy page and great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I wish I still had at least one of my computer savy kids still at home. I really need to learn how to do this photoshop thing as I've already paid for extra photo space!
    Your friend will love what you did with her son's graduation photo-it's neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a beautiful layout Shawn and thank you for the info..I didn't know that either but thanks to you I am now better informed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! You're going to love photoshop... There are tons of tutorials all over the web to help with anything you want to do. Your layout turned out fantastic, your friend is sure to be delighted and your cuttlebug card is A.W.E.S.O.M.E., I love it!!! Currently enjoying a nice cup of chamomile myself ;) Hope you're doing well. Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome LO, Shawn! You are such a SWEETHEART to your friends! Hope this will be a great week for you! BIG HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~