I had the chance to try a tea I've never had before when I spotted a box of Typhoo at my local Tuesday Morning store. It was a bargain at only $2.25, and I figured if it proved undrinkable it could always be added to the compost pile for the garden! lol...by the way, the compost pile is where all of my spent tea leaves end up. Did you know tea leaves, as well as coffee grounds, are great additions to the soil?
When I removed the foil package from the box I was delighted to discover wonderful tea quotes on the front and back. I love little details like that! I found the Typhoo to be a nice black afternoon tea, that works well for breakfast too as long as you are not expecting a hearty assam type cuppa at the start of your day. The Typhoo does stand up to a little milk and sugar, though.
The Sticky Fingers Raspberry scones were as easy to make as adding water, scoring and baking..which is what I did! I couldn't wait to add dollops of Devon Cream College Girl had given me for Mother's Day. Warm scones, lots of raspberry or blackberry jam and Devon Cream is my idea of culinary heaven.
Since it was time for breakfast, I made a veggie omelet and sausage to go with my Typhoo and scone.
Whether you are drinking iced or hot tea today, I hope you take time to reflect on the sacrifices our service men and women have made to uphold and protect our Constitution, our freedoms and our way of life. God Bless America and those who give their all to defend her.






I love your pictures! especially the raspberry scones!!
ReplyDeletewe might some interesting teas for you here too. Bushmen candle tea, devils claw tea, and all variations of roibos
hugs
jutta
What a beautiful breakfast. Bless your Dad on this Memorial Day. Have a good day my friend!
ReplyDeleteTyPhoo is one of our family favorites...if you like good, strong black tea as we Brits do. The other fav in PG Tips, which I like best because it has a hint of darjeeling which is my favorite. The tea originates from the Midlands of England where my husband was born and our families live. The name is from the Chinese name for doctor...Typhoo! And Sticky Fingers scones are about the best package mix I've run into. We honour your father on this day as well. Mine was in England during WWII in the OSS.
ReplyDeleteRuth
A lovely post, which I am enjoying with my Earl Grey :) God bless your dad for his service.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful tribute to our servicemen and woman. Glad that your tea turned out to be delightful. As for me, I am drooling over your yummy scone. Oh, and that cream!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Jann
I've seen TyPhoo before but have never tried it. Guess I should give it a try. You scones look heavenly.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing.
Linda
Good morning, Shawn: I love your pictures. I'll have to check out my Tuesday Morning to see if they have any here and give it a try. Your breakfast looks so yummy. Can't beat a veggie omelet! And your scones sets off the plate just right!! Hey, great idea with putting your used tea in the compost. I take my left over coffee grounds and tea leafs and sprinkle them around my flowers. I hope you have a most wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteHere's to your health!
Brenda
By the way, the picture of the cemetery where your Dad rests is a very beautiful place. I give thanks to him for his service to our country. I give thanks to you, your siblings, and your mother for the sacrifices you had to make so that your dad could serve.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless you,
Brenda
Oh Shawn! I just woke up and have my cup of coffee, but want one of those scones now!!!!! Yum!
ReplyDeleteGod Bless America and your dad!
Yummy looking scones! The only change I would make to that delicious breakfast menu - coffee instead of tea. ;)
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I love the Ronald Reagan quote at the end. I pray that we will always remain "the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth."
Blessings,
Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage