Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, June 3, 2012


Everything is coming up, getting taller, budding and blooming! This little cherub sits between the Hydrangea bushes and watches the hummingbirds at the feeder hanging from the fence. I tried for several years to get Hydrangeas to grow in our clay soil, and finally found a spot they like. If they grow anything like last summer, we'll have giant pom-pom size blossoms at least 12 inches across!


The Four O'Clocks are thriving, the Sunflowers are getting a little taller each day, and the Poppies have just poked their heads out of the soil. These are some of the seedlings we have growing in an egg carton.

 
Seventeen days until the official start of summer. What is growing in your garden?



4 comments:

  1. Hi Shawn! Yay for finding a spot for your hydrangeas! I love them so much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Hydrangeas are my all time favorite.
    I have a little bush that I baby along every year. It has never flowered, but I am hopeful, we do have harsh winters.
    Well The poppies are green the Iris's are late but comming, Peony's are leafing out{I had a peony pop up that I haven't seen for 6 years. It was kind of strange, so I relocated it to a safer place for the summer and will transplant it this fall}
    I have one garden almost entirely overtaken by Quack grass, my personal Nemesis.
    Thanks for sharing and asking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sweet-faced cherub looks so cute peeking out from behind the hydrangea bushes. And the hydrangea plants look as though they like their current resting spot. ;)

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww....I see something here that I recognize!......Sending you a cyber hug!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~