Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Chamomile Sunset

What could be nicer than a warm cup of chamomile, a good book and a blank journal? How about if we step outside and sit on the patio while we enjoy the sunset?


I took a Hazelnut Cream candle outdoors with me for ambiance and aroma. It smells of vanilla and brown sugar.

 I listened to birds wishing the day adieu, and watched as the last of the sun rays gilded the hilltops.


Being such a kid at heart I adore graham crackers. But these are not just any old grahams, these are my favorite from Trader Joes. I could eat a dozen! And what do you suppose is in the little dish next to them? Those are Spiced Chocolate Pecans that a friend sent to me. 

 
 The cup I used this evening is the Queen's Bird by Spode. I think it is perfect for a sunset cuppa~




 This cup has rich jewel tones and a sweet image just inside the rim.


The handle reminds me of an elf's ear, or perhaps that of the fairies that frequent the garden.


I am on chapter thirty of The Count Of Monte Cristo and the story is more exciting than ever. I can just finish reading one chapter, and do a bit of journaling, before the light gets too dim to continue.


But that suits the night blooming flowers just fine. The Four O' Clocks have not blossomed yet, but I spy tiny lilac colored flowers that are happy to greet the twilight.




Happy 'Tea Cup Tuesday' wherever you spend it.




I am sharing this post with:
Marthas Favorites
Terri at Artful Affirmations
Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage
Ruth at Antiques and Teacups 
Mosaic Monday 
Uncommon Designs 

16 comments:

  1. What a lovely patio setting! A good book, a delightful cup of tea, sweet treats, and an awesome sunset. WHAT A LIFE! It just can't get any better than that.
    Happy journaling,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to have tea in the garden, but it is now too hot here so I'll just dream about being in yours! A good book and a lovely cup of tea is heaven to me. I love your Spode teacup (I love the bird). Count of Monte Cristo is on my re-read list. Delightful post. Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an inviting setting and I love your cherrie little cup..the sweet little blue bird would conjure up all kinds of prose for your journalling ... mm-m-m-m ...The hazelnut scented candle is a perfect tribute to an evening of relaxation..ENJOY !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to have a sweet and secluded patio for tea and reflection. I love the Spode pattern. I'll have to try the TJ grahams. I love grahams too. Thanks for sharing and linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! A repast after my own heart! Delightful, my dear! I'm ready for a mid-afternoon of journaling joy, myself. Perhaps on the front porch with my tea. Your Spode bird pattern is precious in those stunning jewel tones - like your sunset sky, I would expect. Thanks for taking us all out there with you - and inspiring us to do the same . . .
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shawn,

    Your patio is a lovely place to enjoy a cup of chamomile and listen to the birds while reading. The Spode pattern is beautiful! Thank you for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Shawn,
    My daughters favorite book is The Count of Monte Cristo! I am glad you are enjoying it, and with tea too!
    Your tea cup is very sweet. Spode makes some really nice china. The pattern is sweet, and the elf ear handle (I agree!), is awesome!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shawn,
    Seems a few of us have had tea outside today. It's summertime, after all and one wants to take advantage of the lovely sights and sounds of the season. Your cup is adorable and the handle really does resemble a fairy's or elf's ear! Charming post, and thanks for sharing it with us.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely post. I love your Spode birdie tea cup and I just had graham crackers this afternoon with a cup of Chai tea. I'll have to try the Trader Joe's
    brand. thank you for stopping by.
    ~Clara

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great set-up--particularly like the composite framed piece at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a lovely evening. The tea cup is very sweet and I do like the unusual handle. I like graham crackers, too, and I've always wanted to make my own...some day.

    If you like to journal maybe you would like to see the journal I decorated for a neighbor/friend. Stop by for a visit if you have the time.

    Blessings for the day,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a beautiful tea cup :) I think I may go make a cup of Chai :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well - I was typing a comment and it disappeared, so if this is a dup - I apologize.
    Just wanted to say what a pretty place to sit, write and relax. I really like your patio furniture. Wish we had a TJ's here, as have heard so much about the store and those pecans would not last long around my place. :D
    Thanks for stopping by and nice comment. Have not been able to sit out here recently and looks like the temps will be 100 or above the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum the tea, grahams and pecans, that would sure make me happy and do you not just love shopping at Trader Joe's...I do too~

    ReplyDelete
  15. May I join you for tea? To sit at this table would be divine! I must try the Trader Joe's grahams.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~