Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, June 25, 2012

By the Sea, oh how Happy we'll Be...

KERNE ERICKSON















 Don't you love those 'photographic' moments? You know, the ones that you don't actually have a photo for but are emblazoned on your heart ? If you have never had the chance to visit the California coastline, I hope you put it on your 'bucket list'. It is beautiful! There are long, scenic miles of sand, rocks and sea.




Shell Beach is between Monterey and Santa Barbara and is a great destination for rest and relaxation. It is not far from Hearst Castle, another must see.


 Can you just imagine the salty spray and sound of the seagulls?


Look just beyond the breakers and you'll spot sea otters frolicking in the water!




 A small treasure from the waves, washed ashore. 

                                                                     

After sunset, my husband and I walked down to the sand from our cliff side hotel. We stood hand in hand listening to the surf and gazing at the stars.


Yes, that moment is imprinted on my heart forevermore. 








3 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! If I ever visit California, Shell Beach will be on my "bucket list".

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! I haven't been there for years but your pictures bring back happy memories! thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~